constant red-plug/"timeout" cant play longer than 2 minutes

555555 pennsylvaniaMembers Join Date: 2016-09-16 Member: 222356Posts: 14 Fully active user
I have the ports forwarded and I've tried reinstalling the game- I legit can't play longer than like 2-3 minutes without getting a red-plug disconnect saying "timeout" I don't have problems with any other games just NS2.

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below)Members, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Posts: 1,669 Advanced user
    Try the Discord channel
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
  • MephillesMephilles GermanyMembers, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Posts: 967 Advanced user
    This might be related to a bug in game atm. I think ther is an experimental build that might help you... @GhoulofGSG9 knows more here
    return to zero
  • sirkosirko Members Join Date: 2020-03-28 Member: 259253Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    were you able to resolve your issue?

Just did a fresh install of NS2 yesterday and ran into the issue. Seeing it again today. I only seem to get the issue if I stay in the ready room for more than 5 seconds during an active game. If I get the red plug of death, I can rejoin the server as a spectator just fine and when a spot becomes available I can play until a new map change happens. once the new map loads, after about 8 seconds in the Ready Room I get the red plug of death and need to reconnect to the *same* server and quickly join a team to avoid another red plug. once I'm in the game I'm good. I just have to pray there's no map change or I'll get booted upon load.