Electrogami revisited

Cire555Cire555 bend Join Date: 2018-01-02 Member: 234752Members
So I was looking through the concept art for below zero and I found the electrogami, and I have to say I love the idea of a starfish like creature in subnautica, and I know the idea was scrapped, but I think the idea might be worth taking another look with a few specific changes. First change, I wouldn’t make it a swimming fish, instead opting to have it move along the ground like an actual starfish or even be sedentary, Second I would give it a purple and yellow color scheme so it somewhat blends in with the purple vents biome, and third instead of an “electric weapon” I think a “bioluminescent pulse” as a way to deter predators would be much more interesting and likely more easily implement as you could have it flash and then turn the player’s screen White for about 5 seconds before fading away, I think this would ad an interesting bit of panic for the player, imagine this scenario: the player is swimming along low to the ground to avoid the chilicerate and cryptoschucus that frequent the purple vents while looking for fragments or minerals, they don’t notice but they’ve gotten to close to an electrogami causing it to flash and blind them in an attempt to escape, now they can’t see anything, no meters, no environment, nothing so they start swimming for the surface only to have their vision slowly come back and see a chelicerate bearing down on them, it’d be brutal and would add another element of danger when searching for resources in a way similar to the crash fish from the original subnautica