Planet 4546b Moon (PS4)

Anlamp1Anlamp1 Join Date: 2019-03-14 Member: 251730Members
Does anyone know why the moon orbiting planet 4546b is not in the PS4 version of the game? It looks weird when there is an eclipse, but nothing to cause it.

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited January 2020
    Are both moons missing? And is this for all ps4 players? What about xbox1?

If it is only your system, make sure to try a reinstall.
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    No, one of the moons (the big red one) is indeed missing from the PS4 version. Nothing wrong with Anlamp1 install. This is most likely a bug, as you can see the light from the moon when underwater. This is one of the many console issues which have been reported on this forum but for which we never really got feedback...
  • badgoat666badgoat666 64116 Join Date: 2020-01-20 Member: 257306Members
    It is missing. Probably on purpose. PS4 got absolutely shafted on this game. It's almost as if Unknown Worlds was angry about the demand for it to be on console and, like a pissed off cook spitting on your food, openly refused to even try to use PS4's abilities to make a good game. It looks like a PS2 game. The graphics and textures are terrible. Most objects in the environment, including bases, have no shadows. 90% of the smaller plants like grasses and bushes are just gone. Base wall designs blink on and off rapidly as you move. You have to make every wall a window or a reinforcement panel to stop the blinking. Support legs for the bases turn invisible at random. There is terrible, horrible, no good, very bad pop in. Sometimes you have to be within 10 meters of something before it becomes visible, like big resource deposits. Huge sections of the terrain randomly wont load and sometimes you can fall through the invisible patches and into a pale blue nothing with no bottom (PRAWN pilots be ware). This is all with the latest bug fixes and patches as of January 2020. Bottom line: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A CONSOLE VERSION OF THIS GAME. If you have a half decent PC for gaming, download Subnautica from Steam. Your mind will be blown at the difference. I know. I played PS4 first. Now I'm playing on PC and my eyes are open. I can't speak for X Box because no X Box system has ever been worth speaking for, or playing on for that matter. Damn controller design thieves. But Subnautica on PS4 just sucks. Get it for PC and be much happier. And your moon will be up in the sky where it should be.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Console version does seem to be having trouble. I had semi-old gaming PC running Subnautica better than what is reported for consoles, with vram of 1g (2g is considered minimum). The only recent update was a Solid State drive, which seems a near necessity for the game.

Patches are being worked on, so there is still a bit of hope for console.