The game has bugged out on me. How do I restore old save?

MarkJohnsonMarkJohnson Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245346Members Posts: 11 Fully active user
I saved my game when I was stuck. Not I can't get out of a glitch mode and need to revert to a previous saved game.

Is there a way to do this? I see the saved folder, but don't know how to get a previous save before the glitch happened.

Comments

• MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members Posts: 537 Advanced user
    edited January 16
    If you are on pc, you may try a few console commands.
    Some commands disable achievements, if that's what you're going for might need to restart the game.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Posts: 669 mod
    Depending on the glitch, it may help to use the "kill" command or other teleports ("kill" may cause you to lose some items).

There is unfortunately one save per playthrough, so there is no way to recover old saves. You can create backups yourself, and there is a mod that makes this easier: https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/76
    Subnautica stuff:
    Official Subnautica discord chat: https://discord.gg/subnautica
    For updates on Console progress for both Subnautica and Below Zero, check the favro page, here.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
  • ovencoreovencore Join Date: 2020-01-19 Member: 257278Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    so my world bugged out and now all base pieces i built are now gone and all the interior of my base is exposed
    eje8yw3wm0ud.jpg
    duqwefjt6ag8.jpg
    and also im walking underwater
  • LilMagicianLilMagician South Korea Join Date: 2020-01-27 Member: 257437Members Posts: 2 Fully active user
    ovencore wrote: »
    so my world bugged out and now all base pieces i built are now gone and all the interior of my base is exposed
    eje8yw3wm0ud.jpg
    duqwefjt6ag8.jpg
    and also im walking underwater

The ocean disappeared on me and dying made it come back.