subnautica PC load issues

stormbornstormborn australia Join Date: 2019-12-28 Member: 256790Members Posts: 6 Fully active user
so i use specs well above what steam suggests but still the game crashes everytime even before i get to the title screen. i've tried below zero which has no issues, i've verified that subnautica files are uncorrupted using steams verification system and reinstalling the game still doesn't work. this computer can run DOOM 2016 fine but not subnautica

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Posts: 667 mod
    Does the game leave a crash report? (See here for location.)

If you have citrix workstation, it has to be disabled to run the game. Also try these launch options:
    -force opengl
    -force d3d11
    Subnautica stuff:
    Official Subnautica discord chat: https://discord.gg/subnautica
    For updates on Console progress for both Subnautica and Below Zero, check the favro page, here.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
  • stormbornstormborn australia Join Date: 2019-12-28 Member: 256790Members Posts: 6 Fully active user
    no crash report and no i don't have citrix

trying launch options
  • stormbornstormborn australia Join Date: 2019-12-28 Member: 256790Members Posts: 6 Fully active user
    though i am new to launch settings they don't seem to work
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Posts: 667 mod
    try with a dash after force, like these:
    -force-opengl
    -force-d3d11
    Subnautica stuff:
    Official Subnautica discord chat: https://discord.gg/subnautica
    For updates on Console progress for both Subnautica and Below Zero, check the favro page, here.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
    Gdsarmy
    opengl worked but the water looks like jelly
    Gdsarmy
  • GdsarmyGdsarmy Join Date: 2020-01-27 Member: 257434Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    stormborn did you ever get this fixed? I'm having a similar issue.
  • sunshinecharger92sunshinecharger92 canada Join Date: 2020-02-04 Member: 257614Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Subnautica: Below Zero.
    When I start a game on Freedom mode, the character has no health or O2.
    I have restarted the game as well as my computer; which is a laptop.
    Truly, I would appreciate some assistance in this matter due to suppressing my excitement for the game.