Bizzare Graphical Bug

v497_vesperv497_vesper Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221558Members Posts: 87 Advanced user
Version: Jan-0001 22725
Time: 02:55
Date: 01/01/2020
Game version: Steam

Details:
When starting up a new map there is a weird Graphical bug where if I as Robin Goodall look at certain points in my FOV I am greeted with a massive wall of colour making it hard to see what I am looking at example: I could be waking up at the start on a new playthrough and I cannot see what is ahead of me because I am hit by a solid wall of color (Please excuse my poor syntax since I am slightly drunk when sending this feedback) Either way it is hard to see where I am going due to this bug

PC Data:
Hdd: 500GB
RAM: 6GB DDR3 RAM
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 340
elfcrisis

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members Posts: 523 Advanced user
    I'm getting graphical bugs now, too. I started a new game because none of the lights would turn on in my base and all my vehicle upgrades are gone (not that big a deal, early access and all). But now significant chunks of the terrain are missing.
    wozdo05nr5ll.jpg
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members Posts: 523 Advanced user
    After quitting and re-loading my new game, the lights are out in the new base, so whatever bug this is isn't just affecting previous saves.
  • Waffle_Gamer264Waffle_Gamer264 Join Date: 2020-01-05 Member: 256978Members Posts: 5 Fully active user
    edited January 5
    Hello, I have found a different glitch, the models of many of the animals aren't showing when close up to them, the reefback leviathan and many other are invisible when close up to them,but from a distance i can see them.Only the reef on the back of it is visible. I haven't found this much of a problem until I came across what looks like ghost ray from above. I fear I may only be seeing the glow of the model and seeing a group of ghost leviathans. So now I'm above the life pod of the important survivor that died. i have only the minimum requirements of the game, except for the GPU. I searched through the internet and graphics of the game with no luck.I'm playing the original subnautica. Please help.
    FuLReCoiL
  • Waffle_Gamer264Waffle_Gamer264 Join Date: 2020-01-05 Member: 256978Members Posts: 5 Fully active user
    Still no signs of activity...
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Posts: 660 mod
    @Waffle_Gamer264 It could be a bad install, try verifying game files. If that doesn't work, restart the pc, then uninstall and reinstall.
    Subnautica stuff:
    Official Subnautica discord chat: https://discord.gg/subnautica
    For updates on Console progress for both Subnautica and Below Zero, check the favro page, here.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
  • v497_vesperv497_vesper Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221558Members Posts: 87 Advanced user
    I noticed on my gameplay that the pengling and pengwing models are stretched and glitched blocking my field of view as i swim across the world, this needs to be rectified as does the version information, the version reads Nov 2020 instead of Jan 2020 and I think that the missing models are stretched and glitched too.

PC Data:
    Hdd: 500GB
    RAM: 6GB DDR3 RAM
    Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 340
    I started a new game today with the latest patch for Experimental, and I'm not seeing the graphical bugs that I was before.

However, the lights are still out in my base after I quit and re-load my game.