Deactivate mouse wheel as weapon change

Ripper2fgRipper2fg Germany Join Date: 2014-01-10 Member: 192936Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4 Fully active user
Sup guys,

i got a new mouse and the mousewheel is way to sensitive so i noticed that i touch it often by mistake and force a weapon change. I was on a LAN Party this weekend and we played Counter-Strike 1.6. I noticed this issue and deativated weapon change with the mouse wheel. So good.
Now i want to do the same in NS2 because i lost already alot of fights because of this stupid mouse but i cant find anything to do so.

I deactivated this already, but i still can switch my weapons with the mouse wheel...
5hp3wb85ste9.jpg

Anybody know how to deactivate the mouse wheel ingame for weapon switching?

Thank you in advance!

Greetings
Ripper2fg

Comments

• NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 380 Advanced user
    Haha that's unfortunate. Doesn't look like you can. Oopsie!
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Posts: 660 mod
    Until more who have played the game come along, a few suggestions based on experience in other games, etc:
    A. Your mouse might be in "speed scroll" mode, toggled by a button near the wheel (other mice use as dpi button).
    B. Try changing mouse settings for the wheel to fewer lines (in windows 10: windows button, gear icon, devices, mouse, additional mouse options).
    C. See if mouse bindings are in a configuration or ini file you can edit.
    D. Switch wheel to another function (sometimes, you can completely delete a button. For example, if you set wheel to fire, then set fire back to left-click, it may leave wheel blank).
    Subnautica stuff:
    Official Subnautica discord chat: https://discord.gg/subnautica
    For updates on Console progress for both Subnautica and Below Zero, check the favro page, here.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
    Ripper2fg
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members Posts: 628 Advanced user
    You can try binding it to something else that doesn't affect gameplay like taunt / acknowledged.

Also, separate from this, it seems that F5-F7 is hard binded to marines, aliens and spectate unless you designate it as another function as well.
    Ripper2fg
  • Ripper2fgRipper2fg Germany Join Date: 2014-01-10 Member: 192936Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4 Fully active user
    narfblat wrote: »
    Until more who have played the game come along, a few suggestions based on experience in other games, etc:
    A. Your mouse might be in "speed scroll" mode, toggled by a button near the wheel (other mice use as dpi button).
    B. Try changing mouse settings for the wheel to fewer lines (in windows 10: windows button, gear icon, devices, mouse, additional mouse options).
    C. See if mouse bindings are in a configuration or ini file you can edit.
    D. Switch wheel to another function (sometimes, you can completely delete a button. For example, if you set wheel to fire, then set fire back to left-click, it may leave wheel blank).

It was point A. My mouse wheel had that "speed scroll" mode and i toggled it off. Did figure it out myself but i was really suprised as i saw your post here!

Thank you all for answering my question! Now i can play normal again!