The Small Suggestions Megathread (add yours and I'll credit you!)

2»

Comments

• HepburntHepburnt Join Date: 2020-12-21 Member: 266225Members
    I would love if there were sound accessibility options in Subnautica and Below Zero. I am Deaf, and it's very hard to figure out where Leviathans are or how close they are if I can't hear their roars. Having an in-game setting that Deaf/hard-of-hearing players can turn on that is voice-to-text, or a notification system about Leviathans and their proximity would be fantastic!
  • LarkumLarkum Hampshire UK Join Date: 2020-09-25 Member: 264196Members
    Cloud Save's - As the the saves are too big for steam cloud, can we have a cloud service integration, I currently have a work around that I found online with Dropbox.
  • SubnauticfanSubnauticfan Join Date: 2021-01-17 Member: 266942Members
    How about a base piece that allows you to remotely pilot in-range vehicles? I thought of this for a third game (see my post titled Subnautica: Beyond) and I thought it would be cool. Or you could just add in power management in Subnautica just like in below zero cuz my filtration machine is driving me nuts (see my other post titled filtration glitch)!
  • SubnauticfanSubnauticfan Join Date: 2021-01-17 Member: 266942Members
    Anyone want to help me with that?
  • Alencar1990Alencar1990 Brazil Join Date: 2021-02-19 Member: 267783Members
    edited February 2021
    Newcomer here! Here's some simple "quality of life" suggestions that
    I think every open world/survival game with big maps should have:

- Search Bar to quickly find blueprints or Items (Maybe even a 'global' search through all your containers)
    - Build items in stacks (4x Water Bottles instead of crafting each one)
    - Remove some scenery to build (Like rock formations, maybe?)
    - 'Autoswim' Button (This one is from Fallout; 'Q' toggle to automatically swim forwad)
  • KiloCycle_Per_MinuteKiloCycle_Per_Minute Somewhere in Iowa USA Join Date: 2021-03-02 Member: 268050Members
    I have a small suggestion. Could we tie the range of the Scanner Room Camera Drones to the range upgrades? Like 90% of the visible range of the scanner room?
  • BlackSheep033BlackSheep033 canada Join Date: 2021-03-09 Member: 268181Members
    the game seems small compared to the first subnautica. i know below zero isnt finished yet but the first game had a lot to give and its alot more scarier due to Thalassophobia lol. there is not much to see and explore in the second game considering the number of biomes\fauna. eventually modders is going to add more fauna so maybe add a little more fauna?
  • AkillibirisiAkillibirisi Turkey Join Date: 2021-03-09 Member: 268184Members
    I believe we need a new gameplay element to be introduced regarding the infection effects on the player. I was thinking of a mechanic where player is forced to take action in order to slow down the infection progression, and the necessary background to base this idea upon is already in the game: Enzyme carrier peppers.

Simply making it a requirement to consume enzyme carriers or to use them to synthesize new drugs to inhibit infection or something similar would be appropriate considering how fatal the infection is, but actually we're free as a bird in the game. It's just a part of the narration of PDA telling that it is imperative to find a cure, which is not even a real threat to the player.