Water Surface Issues

WhoTnTWhoTnT Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248508Members
edited December 2019 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I'm not sure where to find the build number for Subnautica but I'm guessing Plastic changeset 63461 is the build number in the F1 info menu in game. I'm playing the Epic Games version and since the latest Dec 2019 update the water surface has the problem of having flat surfaces when set to medium quality. The water is also now extremely unpleasant to look at in VR where it is almost like there is some sort of mismatching with the information going to each eye. Sort of like the effect you get when looking at the tool bar in front of the PDA. I'm not sure if it has to do with the significant difference between the left and right eyes shader effects. The foam effect seems fine but the blueish shimmer varies significantly between eyes. Is there a way to get the old version of Subnautica so I can compare them? See attached images. https://imgur.com/a/iP3aJwh

Edit: I just realized that the water in the main menu does not have the VR issue like the in game water. The main menu water does not cause the same discomfort and looks just like the water did before the update.