PLEASE stop posting Below Zero spoilers as News for the original Subnautica on Steam.

shadowstitchshadowstitch nunaya Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221355Members
I love Subnautica.

I played the first one through years of early access and enjoyed the weird ride from beginning to end. I got to see all the behind-the-scenes stuff in alpha builds, and watch the piecemeal building of a game world one element at a time, like a slow and evolving work of art. It was unique and fascinating and I don't regret it.

However, I don't want to do that with Below Zero.

Seeing so many new players explore Subnautica, I envied them somewhat; being able to experience all for the first time, without having seen all the little incremental changes and balance tweaks along the way. I want to play Below Zero that way, with its new narrative and new surprises, when it is finally released in a completed state. I have made a conscious and concerted effort to avoid spoilers and alpha builds, purposely remaining ignorant until the finished product is finally released and I can take it all in with fresh eyes. I haven't even bought the game yet, to minimize the potential risks.

To that end, I am respectfully requesting that you please stop posting Below Zero spoilers and progress notes as news stories under the original Subnautica's news and update feed.

I understand that you are excited, and want to share every new accomplishment with your player base, but they are, to an extent, unavoidable. Steam includes them in the All Products news feed automatically, the lengthy entries are not cut or spoilered, and even scrolling past them has already ruined aspects of the game I would have preferred remain secret, like Margeurit's involvement.

Strictly speaking, Below Zero progress reports aren't even relevant to the original game at all, so I'm asking you to please reconsider this activity. Even the Subnautica subreddit has strict policies on the dissemination of Below Zero spoilers to unwilling eyes. I would hope that the game designers themselves would have at least as much courtesy toward their eager future players.

Thank you.

Comments