The Future of Below Zero’s Story - Subnautica

13»

Comments

• shakky89shakky89 Norway Join Date: 2020-02-20 Member: 258125Members
    edited February 2020
    If this is in the wrong section of the forum, i apologize. I did not see a proper "feedback" thread.

Now i love below zero. I love the creatures, story, the balanced grinding (i usually pick stuff up as i go along, so i never have to actually stop and grind for ANYTHING except building massive bases).

The snowfox was shaky at first, but now its great fun to ride. However, taking it into Ice worm territory is a nightmare. The Ice worms are to me, more annoying than fun. Their attack animations are cool, their sounds are imposing and very threatning. I really love their dune-esque domination of the area.

But trying to travel around them is not fun. They focus down the snowfox so badly that its useless. Every 5 seconds you get knocked off and you need to repair it. Its tedious. For a period of time, they will "search" for you as you are walking and not sprinting. Now that is VERY cool. They pop out to look at you to tell you like "i see you, there". Thats the kind of telegraphing that makes me panic and try to hide. But in the big areas where i would just LOVE to scoot around and boost with the snowfox, they just make it so boring. And they just randomly pop out of the ground. If they at least popped up BEFORE their attack, i could try to evade or something.

Which is also another thing: All other leviathans in the game telegraph their attacks. A big roar before they charge you. Or like a twist of their head, to show that they see you. Which is how i feel it should be. It gives me time to evade, to learn their aggro-range and how to go around them without going around their entire area. But the Ice-worm is just there. Its roars does not give me any information. Its underground and just randomly pops out. And if it has zeroed in on me, either walking or riding, i will get hit 2-3 times with the burrowing stab almost no matter what i do.
    They only telegraph when i walk. Even then its not always. And i dont want to walk in that area!

Unfortunately, it made the glacial basin more of a chore than anything else. Get in, SPOILERS
    get the purple fragment and eggs and whatnot. And get out. I so wanna explore ESPECIALLY those tunnels! But its just not fun! Hopefully you are working on this. :)

Otherwise, its such a great game! Just love it. Just more music tracks, and the ocean would be a 11/10
  • CrayzeeBubblesCrayzeeBubbles Morganton, NC Join Date: 2020-02-20 Member: 258123Members
    I am sad that we won't get to finish this current story line, but I understand the need to break out and go a different route. Of course, just like everyone else, I am HEAVILY requesting that you not remove or change Al-An and Maida too much. I love these characters. I also understand the desire to have a more living story line...and I'm living for that...mostly. I will say that while it is nice to have ANY kind of interaction with ANYTHING in Subnautica (other than "STOP EATING ME!"), it does kind of distract from the overall feel that has become so vital to Subnautica. In the first game, having absolutely zero human(ish) interaction until the Sea Empress was a bit much. I suppose it did what it was supposed to do. It made me terrified, and gave me that feeling of loneliness, and allowed me to focus on the world around me...but it also drove me stark-raving mad. By the time she finally came into the picture, I was so ecstatic to have ANYTHING to talk to. It made the game even more tedious and frustrating at times...and it did nothing to help with the repetitiveness of the farming. At least in Below Zero, we have Al-An to offer the occasional intrigue...or the mystery of Maida to persue. It is nice. Now, having said ALL that...I wouldn't add too many more characters to the world if it were me. It's not me...and I'm no pro...it is not my decision. I know this. Still, I feel that adding too many more characters would take away that feeling of what makes Subnautica. The character is still stranded...this is still Planet 4546B...there still aren't any communities of people living on this planet. Plus, it would become bothersome. The best and worst part of Subnautica...in my humble opinion, is the lack of characters and how that forces you to focus on the stunning world around you. I love this because you really get to appreciate the beautiful world...but it's also insanely terrifying because you have to focus on all the things that want to eat you. My only complaint with Below Zero currently would be: Yes, Robin's voice actress. Obviously, I know nothing about the new story line or the direction it's going...I also don't know how the new story line will affect the characters. All I can say for now is this: With the current knowledge that we have about the characters (specifically Robin), I feel as though she falls a little flat. I mean no hate toward her...I'm sure she's an awesome voice actress...I just don't feel like her current approach to this character is landing right. First off, her and Sam are supposed to be sisters...but when I hear their voices, they don't seem related in the slightest and Robin sounds a little older than Sam, even though Robin is supposed to be younger. Speaking of Robin's age, since she is listed as 37 years old, I will say this current voice actress does sound more mature and closer to the age of 37. However, my real complaint about Robin's voice actress would be the lack of emotion in her voice at times. Like when Sam finds Jeff...no real reaction from new Robin. When she finds out she's stuck on 4546B...no real reaction/completely nonchalant. When she finds Al-An...not the reaction you would expect from a freaking XENOLOGIST!! Especially one that we're told is head over heels in love with the aspect of aliens. I mean...when you read Robin's interviews and see how excited she was before...this new "Robin" feels a little flat and contradictory to her own personality. This is all just my opinion though...and none of it actually means jacks**t. Thank you for your time and the amazing work that you all put into this game...ESPECIALLY THE VOICE ACTORS!!!! Even though a large section of this post is basically sh**ting on the main voice actress, it is hard work and I truly appreciate it!!! Voice acting is one of those things that people definitely take for granted, but when it's gone...YOU NOTICE!! There are so many games that are so much fun to play and freaking gorgeous to look at...but they have no voice acting. For me, it can work in specific cases, but for the most part it drives me BANANAS!!! So, thank you voice actors!! Thank you developers!! Thank you to the assistants in the back for keeping everyone else on track....just THANK YOU TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE involved in this spectacular game!!!!
  • ScorpintsScorpints Dublin Join Date: 2019-02-25 Member: 251318Members
    thank for the up date guys i give u feedback when i go true it thanks guys for the up date
  • Mr_WeeslyMr_Weesly Join Date: 2020-02-27 Member: 258325Members
    edited February 2020
    By and large, I'm really excited about the February update. The music in the background and the new look of the biome sits simply overwhelming. But there are some things I really hate:

1. Why can't you calm down the weather when I start a new game? It is frustrating to find the way from Base-Zero to the excavation site in a severe snowstorm. You don't have time to look at the surroundings, otherwise you will freeze at the start of the game.

2. It's nice that you've built in new creatures, but do they really have to scream so loudly? You can't hear that through the loudspeakers when you're living in rent! And if you use the headset, you're deaf in 5min. I was forced to set the ambient volume to 40% and it's still loud. But now I don't hear other important noises in the background.

So why can't I set the volume of this screaming separately?

3. The "Moonpool". Previously, Jeff's base was found at a depth of 150m and had the BP for the Moonpool. Now there is only one site left: Margerits Base.

What's the use of the BP for the drill arm and the vehicle console if I can't build it because the moonpool is missing? The players of Alpha will know where to look, but if the game goes gold, new players will join ... and they will be frustrated.

Why didn't you donate a Moonpool to the Omega Base?

4. The "glow" in the corners of the screen when you come near an artifact. It was a wonderful idea and I was really excited about it, but why doesn't it expire after the scan? It's frustrating to keep searching for artifacts, only to find that they've already been scanned.

5. Of many BP, I found only fragments. It is not satisfactory to know that there is a module for the Seatruck in which I can grow plants, but I find only 2 of 3 fragments (V24321). I haven't found any in V24397. The scanner room does not display anything.

6. What would be my next topic: scanner room. In its present form almost unusable. An object in front of your feet is displayed in the same way as an object 1,000m away. It would be so simple. The closer the object, the larger the circle and only one point at a certain distance.

7. Which then leads again to the next topic: The headlamp. In its current version completely useless. Where do you need such a lamp? In dark, deep caves ... but there you need the rebreather rather than a lamp on your head. So why isn't the headlamp an accessory like the HUD chip? Then I could hurt the cost of an ion battery.

Last but not least: I have always been an ardent fan of Subnautica, especially Below-Zero. I was a little sad when the news came that the content of the Alpha is over, but I still think it's good and right to do so. Nothing would be more boring than playing the final version if you already know everything. So I'm very excited about the finals and can't wait. If now the developers could at least give a hint when it will be so ...
  • ne1411ne1411 uk Join Date: 2020-05-26 Member: 261387Members
    Currently played for 10 hrs + just to get a feel for the game.

like Mr_Weesly has stated, regarding weather and freezing....

The start of the game could be attained in my opinion by ejecting from the shuttle because the shuttle is damaged, and landing by parachute in the ocean not far from the survival pod , this would solve freezing and or weather issues at start of game, maybe a cut-scene to show this, then maybe having to go to land to find the crashed shuttle to get some tech for survival.

when playing on current development of game, I cant find some tech like moon-pool and some locations are removed.

Shame that the voices were removed but hope this is temporary due to story line change.

I like the added details to areas , this is really good and new creatures and or life to make the game interesting to play is a big YES for me and making feel like venturing into the unknown is what makes the game for me.

maybe putting some rare plant or mineral in the vent garden would be a way to go to make some items or devices.

the sea monkey's are a good venture, I think more interactive creatures could be developed in the game, and or symbiotic in some way, but that's just my view.

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Voices will be back, they are waiting for the voice studios to open back up.

• LethifoldLethifold Russia Join Date: 2020-08-25 Member: 263548Members
    I hope, it will be possible to revisit locations from first subnautica. May be with DLC. It would be really cool - like a whole world to explore.