More intense start game ideas

kevlarkevlar US Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 249987Members
edited November 2019 in Ideas and Suggestions
(I c/p’d from the post I created on Steam diacussion forum)

BZ still needs a more intense start (if at all possible)

I wish something more along these lines, intro title , hear the sea emperor voice sequence, wake up on the Vesper and have some back drop of why are there in the first place related to the first game. Maybe some communication with Sam about Robins first day going down on planet with new discovery that utilizes her specialty (alien communication) or something along that line or make it where Robins job was only supposed to be on the Vesper and was not to go on planet at all! While getting out of bed and finding pda(s) emergency alarm sounds, have window view of meteor storm approaching and hits vesper and then leads to emergency evacuation (could be video sequence like in first game) on that part of the ship to get to a life pod could add some zero g effect to make it to the life pod and eventually get in crash land to planet.

Either start on land or in water:

1) Land - Start by crash landing into the cave that is in the start and having to make a large jump/fall that will hurt health making near critical status. Make the premise that Robin has no knowledge about what was really going on planet and every discovery is a clue of why there and whatever the current plot is what she finds out along the way. From the cave crash and asking Sam through static in/out dialogue Sam makes her focus on getting to shelter and instead of rocks dropping and going on that boring initial walk around the map to see the avalanche, make It where Robin tries to find refuge in the original start base and is able to keep warm by walking by the heat flowers along the way, but then the meteor shower causes the avalanche when arriving to the base or when just inside another window shows the avalanche coming and then shows sequence of crashing into the water and having to escape a flooding compartment (or create a situation where she has to jump out into the water after seeing ice break below where the compartment has no other way out) and then start the underwater start game with very limited comms to Sam then another meteor hits part of Vesper that cuts off all comms where you feel alone. Then progress with story and part of goal is to re establish comms along the way (through radio transmissions upgraded to fixing antenna(s), sending cargo rocket (carrier pigeon) vs other.

2) Water - wake up to a flooding pod with life support near critical and you have to flood the compartment and escape and start there with either finding the small start base or have atatic /failing comms with Sam with dropping the submersible survival base.

I think starting on the Vesper is key and having tragedy strike and sudden knowledge that things are going on that you didnt know about when first jumping on planet would add a much more impactful and intriguing start of the journey. “Sam, what is all of this?” “Robin, no time you need to find shelter in nearby base”. “Sam...I was unaware of a base in this sector, what is happening, are you/vesper ok?” “Robin you need to move, now! “Sam I am on my way” “Robin, comms have been hit we may not have much time, i will try to fill you in as much as i can but you need to move quickly”. *at base and after avalanche* Robin calls to Sam a few times with no response. At end of initial tunnel swim Sam calls out “Robin if you can hear this we are dropping a life pod as close to your last known location. Systems are failing”. Another meteor hits Vesper and comms go silent. Game on!

Comments