Can't access some wrecks I use laser cutter on.

MarkJohnsonMarkJohnson Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245346Members Posts: 11 Fully active user
I am at the wreck by LP 19. I used the laser cutter to access the square wreck. It cuts open, but I can't enter. There seems no other way in, the square shaft dead ends into debris.

I am on experimental branch. I have had this happen before on other wrecks. I usually find another entrance or sometimes I hit the angle just right and it lets me through. Then it is a nightmare to get back out. I even tried removing my tanks, with no luck either. I thought maybe they were too big.

Ironically, I think this is the wreck that has the ultra large tank data box in it. I can see it, but I can't click on it. I was able to scan the power cell charge fragment when I finally got the right angle.

Anyone else having issues? How do you get around it?

Comments

• suzume13suzume13 Join Date: 2019-11-25 Member: 255892Members Posts: 2 Freshly registered user
    I have the same problem. Sometimes it works if I restart the game but it's really annoying
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Posts: 653 mod
    @suzume13 This is a known issue in the "Big Little Update," the developers are working on a fix. After you dock and undock your seamoth in a moonpool, laser entrances are broken until you exit and reload Subnautica.

@MarkJohnson I'm fairly sure your issue came from these changes as well, as the experimental gets early versions of updates.
    Subnautica stuff:
    For updates on Console progress for both Subnautica and Below Zero, check the favro page, here.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
  • suzume13suzume13 Join Date: 2019-11-25 Member: 255892Members Posts: 2 Freshly registered user
    @narfblat Thanks! I don't have moongates yet.
    I also could not enter the Degasi Sea Base - you think this might be the same bug?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Posts: 653 mod
    edited November 2019
    If you don't have a moonpool, it might be caused by docking with Cyclops, or some other event. Here's the developer's post about the bug.

Yes, the bug discussion also mentioned Degasi bases.
    Subnautica stuff:
    For updates on Console progress for both Subnautica and Below Zero, check the favro page, here.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).