[Proposal] Cyclops-Class Vehicle for Below Zero

JaitniumJaitnium Join Date: 2019-07-29 Member: 253986Members
Disclaimer: I'm terrible at drawing so this is just to get people thinking here.

I was thinking the Cyclops wouldn't really make sense to include in Below Zero because how would it dock the Seatruck? Sure you can dock the cabin, but that's pretty useless without any modules. That got me brainstorming about a Cyclops-class vehicle that was made with the Seatruck in mind, so it wouldn't require the user to detach their modules. What I came up with is the Manta:

zk7wyve6fuiu.jpg

The idea is that it's a single-floor wider submarine that has a docking-port in the back that you "drive through" with your Seatruck. The modules are docked and powered on the back of the Manta. There is buildable storage inside of the Manta and you can still use your modules while on the Manta. There are grips that extend off of the back of the Manta and attach to the side of the modules, giving a small amount of protection and allowing the modules to bend.

As for the cabin, I was thinking of two ideas:
1) When you dock your Seatruck through the back, the cabin moves all the way to the front of the Manta (Fig 2). A new GUI appears and you control the Manta directly from the Seatruck's cabin without having to get out.
2) Just have the cabin attach to the back of the Manta with the modules.

What do you all think?