Missing required MOD

LastdonLastdon Join Date: 2012-06-29 Member: 153767Members
Hey guys, Haven't logged in to NS2 in a long time, went to try a few matches out and I keep getting missing required mod for any and every server I try to join. I went to MODS tab and have all selected to yes. That didn't do anything. This seems like a terrible change to the game if I have to hunt down mods in the work shop to login to do a quick match. In the past you automatically downloaded the mods when you joined the server why was that changed? Is there a quick solution?

Comments

• KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    First up, go to the mods menu and turn them all to "no"... Ideally you don't want to be using any mods locally, to avoid mod issues with servers.

Second, Validate your NS2 files (steam > Library > Right click ns2 > properties > local files > validate).

If that doesn't work run the "repair.exe" in your installation folder.

Just an FYI, you do still download them automatically, however, steam was having a few issues last night where it wasn't allowing people to download... it prevented a few people from being able to use servers they would normally be able to get onto. So if you were experiencing difficulties last night, that may be the cause.
  • LastdonLastdon Join Date: 2012-06-29 Member: 153767Members
    I originally had MODS all off turned them on and now back off. That didn't fix the problem I also verified files VIA steam and found no corrupted files. I did a fresh install and now I get a different error (Your game files do not match the server's). I can however connect to raw NS2 server with no issues. So, this indicates that the mods are not downloading properly when I try and connect to a modded server.

Ohh yea, I also rebooted the steam client and my computer/verified firewall isn't blocking the download. So at some point in time the code has been changed in the mods side of the game. Which is causing this issue. The few people who still play the game on an regular basis haven't had this issue probably because they downloaded mods before the code was changed and whatever patch messed with the modification code.

• KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I watched as Schu couldn't get onto an NSL server the other night due to this exact issue, he plays almost daily and regularly plays on the NSL servers.

I'd recommend joining the Discord and contacting Ironhorse to try to get help with the issue. ( discord - https://discord.gg/MjgVx83 )