Standing inside sea truck leaves you vulnerable [Sub Zero 15125]

JimboJamboJimboJambo Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235708Members
edited July 2019 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Maybe not a bug, but probably not working as intended either.

I noticed this when I was exploring some volcanic vents: standing inside your sea truck (not actively piloting it) leaves you vulnerable to environmental hazards. In particular, I was boiled alive by said vents several times (see image). Saving and quitting above a vent with bad timing can lead to a dangerous trap where, upon starting up your save file, you start standing inside your sea truck and are instantly killed before you can reach the controls.

I have also been yanked out of my truck by a giant chelicerate (although admittedly I was trying to get into trouble to see what would happen), and when weather is fully implemented, I wouldn't be surprised if people could freeze inside their truck under certain circumstances.

Image showing me burning inside my sea truck:
do3yiqg93i5z.jpg

I also noticed that "piloting" a module had the opposite effect: instead of clearly being unprotected, the player was immune to fire because they were technically piloting a vehicle (see image). Doing so also makes it impossible to get air from pipes.

Image showing me comfortably bathing in fire while piloting a module:
yqqkxpxqa00u.jpg

Also, the PDA does weird things if opened while piloting a module:
0l9o5c8b93y8.jpg

Comments

• ShroomPickerShroomPicker Join Date: 2021-05-28 Member: 270760Members
    I just had a bug where I ran out of air while piloting the truck. Was able to surface, exit, replenish oxygen, and the problem went away, had infinite oxygen in the truck again.