Impossible to gather creature egg names :(

ShepherdShepherd Finland Join Date: 2019-06-24 Member: 253482Members
Salutes from Finland to Unknown Worlds Entertainment (+all the fellow survivors of planet 4546B)!

Subnautica has gained a place on my list of top 5 games of all time, not an easy task at that as I'm normally not into "craft & explore" games, but there is something mindmeltingly, conscious nuttingly ABSOLUTELY terrifyingly lovely about this game... And I have free time... Not a fine combination for an easily addicted individual like me :3

Aaanyways: a masterpiece or not, it's still a videogame, thus it has some bugs. As a gamer I like to invest my time to enjoy the world building that has went into a product, I like to take my time sniffing about. THERE IS A TON OF THINGS TO SNIFF ABOUT IN THIS GAME! I GO FRICKIN WHITE POWDER ON THIS THING!... Jokes aside, I'm a sucker for scanning creatures, exploring how they interact etc...

THE ACTUAL BUG REPORT STARTS HERE

When I discovered that one can hatch eggs and discover x related species names, I WAS FRICKIN DOWN FOR THAT... lovely cuddly thing. Then after discovering/hatching many (and I mean like mentally worryingly many) eggs, I began to notice that what ever I did after hatching an egg, of a Stalker for example, no matter what I did to a Stalker egg found in the wild (view it in inventory, pick up & drop, swim away & come back, poke it, make love with it:) the game would still shove a giant throbbing middle finger up my arse! THE NAME IS STILL "AN UNIDENTIFIED EGG/CREATURE EGG"... And I am getting rather worried about the effects of this on my mental health after trying this one thing for hours approaching triple digits... So please Unknown Worlds Entertainment, don't pull all EA on me, please master your first product, well, FIRST... And after that go all out on a new game. This is just because I wish to marry your game and bury myself with a copy... BUT ONLY AFTER U FIX THE DAMN BUG!

(PS. Please don't take EEVERYTHING I say in this post TOOO seriously:)

PPS. Still not joking about the whole burying thing...