Y no raytracing?

aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
Minecraft has it:

With the option on the game wood look amazing and bring in more players with the fancy new graphics cards.

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Does it slurp away FPS?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aero, I know you know the performance problems this game has. I can't think you are actually serious. How is ray tracing actually worth the opportunity cost over other things this game desperately needs?
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Hmm I see the video runs with 25 fps (in game)... I think I'd rather keep my framerate thx
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Well it'd be optional for those that don't mind the fps hit or have beefy computers. This game could use some graphical engine related updates, maybe something like full HDR would be better.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited May 2019
    Seems to me like further improvements to the netcode for less "around the corner" deaths would be a far better use of the devs time.

Ray tracing, full HDR... I honestly have to ask what would be the point when the vast majority of people turn all options to their minimum settings for a performance boost?