Just a question before I start playing again.

Dutchman141Dutchman141 the Netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216936Members
I used to have a pretty extensive savegame last time I played but it got corrupted and wouldn't load anymore.
I realy would like to start playing again but I'd like to know if the savegame bugs are solved by now.
I don't want to lose all my progression again.
I'm on Xbox One X by the way.

If someone could enlighten me it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
    Unfortunately the Xbox one edition still has infuriating bugs.

It hangs on the Loading Level ... screen for a couple of minutes with no hard drive activity before it even starts to load. This is especially worse after a cold boot.

And the other day I saved the game before switching off and when I started playing the next day it's as though those saves didn't happen.

Also when saving the saving game... message and the spinning Altera logo can remain for at least 30 seconds sometimes longer and if you quit the game during this time then your save is likely to ether fail or corrupt. Might be what happened to me.

I have reported the bugs to the devs using the give feedback option but have had no reply so I don't even know if they bother reading bug reports.

I have noticed these problem get worse the closer you get to the end game.

I would love it if a dev could respond and let us know if they even have any intent to fix the xbox one version because due to lack of replies from bug reports i'm just not convinced they will
  • Stubb063Stubb063 Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239641Members
    I finally finished the full game last week.

There's a good chance your saved game is probably fudged. I have had some success recovering corrupted save games by doing a factory reset on my Xbox and then redownloading the game. That may work for you. That said, I wouldn't make any assumptions about a save game that was broken in a previous version suddenly working now.

But I think it's probably worth a shot for you.

It's a game that's worth finishing. The concept is fantastic, and gets better as you go along. There's still some pretty significant technical issues in the XBox version, but there's still some great experiences to be had.

My official opinion is that it's not polished enough to warrant the full $19.99 they're asking for it...but if you already own it, then it's worth putting a little extra effort in to finish the game.
  • Dutchman141Dutchman141 the Netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216936Members
    Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll wait untill they fix this game, if ever.
    I'm not to eager to start another playthrough and get another borked savegame after so many hours.
    To bad that they're not maintaining this game, it's concept is very nice and to good to let it slide because of bugs.

A friend of mine asked if it was any good but I'll advise him to wait buying it untill or whenever they fix these gamebreaking bugs.