Crashing every other game

TheJeffTheJeff Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252579Members
edited May 2019 in Technical Support
I can't play this game without crashing about every other game.
Sometimes it shows the collecting data dialog, sometimes it doesn't and goes straight to desktop
I never get an error.
I've followed all of the advice in the sticky.
I've verified my install files.
I've nuked my game.
I've updated my drivers.
It's on a new build, with a fresh hard drive.
But I still crash to desktop at least every hour.
It happened prior to the patch and post patch, same frequency.
There's really no consistency or anything in particular I've noticed that happens preluding to the crash. It seems random, but maybe I'm just not seeing the pattern.

I attached three tech_support package, fresh from crashes. It happens on combat and regular games at the same frequency.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Vice_VersaVice_Versa Michigan Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220637Members
    edited May 2019
    Disable the Steam Cloud Sync thing for the game. This was recently causing my game to crash. It was driving me insane trying to figure out why.

My guess is, the cloud save with corrupted or something. No idea, but it was also causing my game to randomly take a reallly long time to load too. Once I disabled the Cloud feature, it fixed everything.

I've seen other say to use the 'nuke fix' for the game, but I believe the Steam Cloud saved data is still being used, which is causing issues because the game is pulling data from the Steam servers for the game. Don't quote me on that, just my guess.

Here is some other stuff you can try.

Turn off any other overlays that might be running. Like Discord, Steam or whatever. (I personally have Steam overlay on, without issue, but if you have a bunch running at the same time, it can cause issues.

Quit out of the Battle.net app and Epic Launcher. I've had weird problems with b.net and this game running at the same time. (other games too though)

Make sure you don't have DX11 enabled in the NS2 options. Use DX9.

If you are running on Windows 10, disable the 'fullscreen optimization for the game'

I'll update my post as I think of more things.
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    Haven't checked the file but keep in mind it is always recommended to disable physics multithreading if there are issues
  • TheJeffTheJeff Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252579Members
    edited May 2019
    Vice_Versa wrote: »
    Disable the Steam Cloud Sync thing for the game. This was recently causing my game to crash. It was driving me insane trying to figure out why.

My guess is, the cloud save with corrupted or something. No idea, but it was also causing my game to randomly take a reallly long time to load too. Once I disabled the Cloud feature, it fixed everything.

I've seen other say to use the 'nuke fix' for the game, but I believe the Steam Cloud saved data is still being used, which is causing issues because the game is pulling data from the Steam servers for the game. Don't quote me on that, just my guess.

Knock on wood, but I think this did it. I played for two hours last night with no crashes.
    Which is probably a new record so far, I'll try the other stuff if it continues.
    I have the game on an m.2 nvme drive, so I must've not noticed the longer loads.

• TheJeffTheJeff Join Date: 2019-04-26 Member: 252579Members
    Nope, I lied. Still crashing today. Here's another tech_support package. I'll try the rest of the recommendations.
  • omaoma Join Date: 2003-06-04 Member: 17001Members
    Me too having this crash issue every other game. Fixes reccommended have not worked, this happened after the latest patch or one before, not quite sure.