Mines for the Marines

Vice_VersaVice_Versa Michigan Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220637Members
I think mines ought to trigger an alert to the team, commander, or at least the player that placed the mine down.

Like, if you place 4 mines, at 2 different spots and you do get a kill. You still might not have any idea which area is now 'un-mined'.

Mines right now, just feel clunky. They don't get used like they should, especially in early game when Marines don't have a teleporter and have to run back and forth.

I also think it would open up some interesting strategies for Aliens, like if they detected a mine, they could trigger it on purpose with a ranged ability to draw attention, but then backpedal to a different position.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2019
    It would be really cool if the game told me which room the mine was exploded in. That is pure QOL though.
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited May 2019
    or your own Mines are shown on the minimap... mhh the score showed "killed Mine ( Overlook )" would probably be a huge QOL change I guess?
    I think I'm going to try that out how it looks
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Nordic wrote: »
    It would be really cool if the game told me which room the mine was exploded in. That is pure QOL though.

Something kinda offtopic: I would love to see outlined in the killfeed if my webs as gorge got killed
  • Vice_VersaVice_Versa Michigan Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220637Members
    Bare minimum, you should be able to see an icon for your own mines on the map.

I just personally think mines should work as 'trip mines' too.

• The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yea it would be cool if minimaps showed all of your team's mines.