Mines for the Marines

Vice_VersaVice_Versa Michigan Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220637Members Posts: 8 Fully active user
I think mines ought to trigger an alert to the team, commander, or at least the player that placed the mine down.

Like, if you place 4 mines, at 2 different spots and you do get a kill. You still might not have any idea which area is now 'un-mined'.

Mines right now, just feel clunky. They don't get used like they should, especially in early game when Marines don't have a teleporter and have to run back and forth.

I also think it would open up some interesting strategies for Aliens, like if they detected a mine, they could trigger it on purpose with a ranged ability to draw attention, but then backpedal to a different position.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,752 Advanced user
    edited May 2
    It would be really cool if the game told me which room the mine was exploded in. That is pure QOL though.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer Posts: 387 Advanced user
    edited May 2
    or your own Mines are shown on the minimap... mhh the score showed "killed Mine ( Overlook )" would probably be a huge QOL change I guess?
    I think I'm going to try that out how it looks
    Post edited by Handschuh on
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 955 Advanced user
    Nordic wrote: »
    It would be really cool if the game told me which room the mine was exploded in. That is pure QOL though.

Something kinda offtopic: I would love to see outlined in the killfeed if my webs as gorge got killed
    return to zero
  • Vice_VersaVice_Versa Michigan Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220637Members Posts: 8 Fully active user
    Bare minimum, you should be able to see an icon for your own mines on the map.

I just personally think mines should work as 'trip mines' too.

• The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 771 Advanced user
    Yea it would be cool if minimaps showed all of your team's mines.