Build 327 - UNEARTHED - Natural Selection 2

1235»

Comments

  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 379 Advanced user
    Aeglos wrote: »
    It is easier to not manage at all than check and determine which behaves.

    Except it's well known that a number of whitelisted servers have in the past mis-behaved for months.

  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members Posts: 618 Advanced user
    Nintendows wrote: »
    Aeglos wrote: »
    It is easier to not manage at all than check and determine which behaves.

    Except it's well known that a number of whitelisted servers have in the past mis-behaved for months.

    I complete agree. So why do you want to add to that? I don't get this concept of its already bad so it doesn't matter if we make it worse that seems to be prevalent here.
    NordicNintendows
  • StupidStupid Join Date: 2018-06-03 Member: 241104Members Posts: 22 Advanced user
    In the end, the stats should be for official games following the rules of the game...games that are supposed to be considered balanced... If the balance was crafted around 10v10 then 12 v 12 would favor the marines with long range. Balance in a game of asymmetrical units cannot be ignored because of some house rules others create or because others want to increase the player count. Nor should it include any modded server, but that's just my opinion on balance issues.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,736 Advanced user
    In accordance with the 8v8 vs 12v12 debate, I submit this graph from a recent survey.
    1L47SAG.png
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members Posts: 852 Advanced user
    Nordic wrote: »
    In accordance with the 8v8 vs 12v12 debate, I submit this graph from a recent survey.
    1L47SAG.png

    Which shows that a significant amount of the playerbase prefer larger fights.
    A good portion of that group had moved on to other games, and im particularly pissed, because I had been playing with those guys.
    Sure, this is anectodal and stuff, but these anecdotes make up the experience of the game.

    I understand the "tragedy-of-the-commons" logic for decreasing player count, what the proponents of that don't seem to understand is that any disruption in a game that has so few active players left, runs the risk of chipping away the steady players-base.

    This had been happening ever since CDT was replaced by the PDT. And yet again, im not criticizing the quality of their work, im upset by the strategy they are implementing.

    https://steamcharts.com/app/4920

    I guess the numbers show that the update was a success, just look at the influx of new players who then left after a month!
    NO Cyril, when they're dead they're just hookers!
  • OrkaOrka Join Date: 2007-06-07 Member: 61157Members Posts: 13 Fully active user
    edited July 1
    Nordic wrote: »
    In accordance with the 8v8 vs 12v12 debate, I submit this graph from a recent survey.
    1L47SAG.png

    I know this isn't a scientific poll, but it's still kinda important to note where and how this survey held, since this is used as an argument. If it was posted on Discord for example, it's not very representative.
    MoFo1
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,736 Advanced user
    edited July 6
    I am not making an argument with that poll. I only shared an image without any commentary.

    Edit: For the record, the survey was shared on discord, r/ns2, NS2 Steam forums, and these forums. The moderators deleted the thread with the survey on these forums.
    Post edited by Nordic on
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    Nintendows
  • jrgnjrgn Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58289Members Posts: 141 Advanced user
    edited July 4
    So what is your point? Idealistic dreams or reality? Selective choice? By method!

    Post edited by jrgn on
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,736 Advanced user
    I am just sharing.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
Sign In or Register to comment.