Stuck with launching a dedicated server

.trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members Posts: 856 Advanced user
edited April 2 in Server Discussion
The VPS provider our company works with introduced CPU optimized containers, and although i know VPS are terrible for hosting game servers, i would love to give it a try (according to their support, it should be able to handle the load).
I have a running server at 46.101.233.40:27015, but got lost in the hell of configuring and modding it to current standards...
For example, i was able to install ns2_co_kestrel and Combat++, but couldn't get them to work together (by adding the Combat++ mod id in the mapcycle to the co_kestrel entry)
Using the wiki manual, i failed to launch it on ubuntu - the wiki seems outdated regarding the x64 folder and steam executable.
I managed to install it using LinuxGSM, but got stuck at how to properly install mods. (I got surprised by how many features are provided by NS+ and Shine...)

If there's anyone willing to help me out, either by pointing me to a recent tutorial, or maybe by providing a sample config pack, i'd be grateful!

EDIT:
Here is my MapCycle.json
{
"maps":[{
"map":"ns2_origin",
"mods":["3334c994"]
},"ns2_derelict","ns2_kodiak","ns2_caged","ns2_eclipse","ns2_biodome","ns2_descent","ns2_docking","ns2_mineshaft","ns2_refinery","ns2_summit","ns2_tram","ns2_veil",{
"map":"ns2_co_pulse",
"mods":["57c685f","4241b84e"]
},{
"map":"ns2_co_sava",
"mods":["c38836d","4241b84e"]
},{
"map":"ns2_co_stargate",
"mods":["7caac9a","4241b84e"]
},{
"map":"ns2_co_veilcombat",
"mods":["662442f","4241b84e"]
}],
"mode":"order",
"mods":["706d242","4241b84e"],
"time":5
}

If i put the id of combat++ (4241b84e) next to the co maps, any client who joins gets a black screen and scrolling console errors.
If i leave it out from next to the map, the server does not load combat++ and starts it according to regular ns2 gamerules.
Post edited by .trixX. on
NO Cyril, when they're dead they're just hookers!

Comments

• .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members Posts: 856 Advanced user
    So, the problem was that i installed a combat mod which is wip and broken as of now.
    The mod ID for combat was 520abdce
    NO Cyril, when they're dead they're just hookers!