mobile vehicle bay needs waypoint beacon navigation lighting

BoffBoff Sweden Join Date: 2018-08-12 Member: 242804Members
The mobile vehicle bay is one of the most important items in the game.

The fact it's the only thing that can fabricate a vehicle and can only do so above water level leaves a few little niggles.
  • Climbing up can be fiddly
  • packing it down is fiddlier
  • Later parts of the original game I must come back to the surface, to create a lost vehicle.
  • no blinky nav-lights to help find the damn thing even when you know "it's just above my base......somewhere?"
  • No nav-beacon? heaven forbid if the Neptune platform or cyclops demand you move the thing away from the shallows as they aren't deep enough. Needle in a haystack.
/

Comments

• darrindarrin Frankfurt; Germany Join Date: 2019-02-15 Member: 250965Members
    edited March 2019
    In my opinion, the vehicle docking bay is one of the things I'd remove completely. It makes no sense why you'd have to create the vehicles above the sea level.

Both the Seamoth and the Prawn Suit could have been created inside the moonpool by adding the corresponding 'create' option to the vehicle docking console. And the Cyclops being a mobile base on it's own could have been placed just like you would place a moonpool.

And in regard of Below Zero:
    The sea truck and its modules just look like corridor base pieces... so let them be constructed the same way and the Snowfox already has it's own docking station (or could even be fabricated. You can pick it up anyways).