?constructive? criticism of below zero

vargatavargata United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-02-18 Member: 237835Members
Reading the others post I see that many of us see the same issues, why I still start a new topic is because there will be more here than to just comment on others.

First I would like to join the base of those saying the intro, the general, forced plot and the connection went really aside.

I understand the devs, they don't want to copy the basegame, this something new, now we are intentionally on this planet BUT I still can't see it justified to force us into a pre-made story and hand everything to the player.
The best thing in Subnautica imo is the way you explore and find new and new things, how you get recipes based on what you find, instead of a sis up in the sky who could literally just send everything. Oh buddy you got stuck there i send you an empty habitat. why not a prawn suit? why not food and water for 2 months and waterfiltering machine and nuke reactor?

Also, how logical is this? hey sis, the storm just crushed all my food all my equipment and living space, pls send me a cramped little pod to live with no food, no chance to make it better. Ok I send a shuttle and take you back. Ohh, no, I wanna freeze and starve here, its such fun :D

Subnautica was very logical, that was the way it stood out from the list of all the made up illogical modern games. Now below zero seem to just join that list....

Instead of this how could I imagine starting this new game... yeah, you woke up, chatting with sis, going after Jef. Yeah, worked a lot on this intro I guess so don't throw it away but make it skippable. I already play the game 5th times and guess, its boring. The storm should hit after the first day still sleeping, crash the base and seize all communication to the space station, switch the pda to survival mode and start the fight to get back on the spacestation. Escape the crushed starting base, build your primary tools, get back in the base and scan the surviving equipment and furniture to start your base, save seeds from the lockers and start your new life separated from your sis and colleges...
Then as plot sometimes catch radio chatter from the station and Jeff who has a radio, and try to chase him getting ideas and directions like the sanctuary or lost bases from these chatters, then hear Jeff being rescued and no more chance of finding him. Keep exploring and then finding the alien l-n and in exchange of helping him into a new body he gives me space travel and a chance to go home
far more logical scenario and far less intrusive.

Secondly: I love the idea of the truck and the modularity, I like the separate controls for modules but as others too, I hate some of its "features". One of these is the auto-fishing. You want it? Its ok, just please!!!! MAKE IT OPTIONAL, like an upgrade, or have a switch to turn it on/off...
BTW, make upgrades for each modules. like the autofising for the aquarium,
-add cargo like we had for the prawn and the seamoth,
-add stronger armor (make armor upgrade a requirement for all modules you wanna take deeper, as they have to survive even if separated from the truck).
-Make the modules requiring power cells to operate separately from the truck,
-add solar panel upgrade to them so they can be used as living habitats,
-add buildable space, maybe even an empty module that works like a base interior, it was one of the best things in the cyclops,
-add bio, thermal and nuke generator truck module that you need to feed instead of just recharging the cells all the time...

Third: eating/drinking the fishes... PLEASE! give an alternative. like the bleeched water and veggies they should be accessible from the beginning. I dont want to hurt the fishes. Not a single one...

For now for me these are the most needed changes
-intro/plot
-more user friendly vehicle
-vegan survival

Thanks a lot