DirectX9 low fps + random game crash

HeagenHeagen Join Date: 2011-08-29 Member: 119005Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited March 2019 in Technical Support
I'm experiencing low FPS when using DirectX9, my FPS are between 50/60, even when my FPS are superior to 100 the game feels like I'm playing at 30.
Most of the time the problem occur directly after joining a server, sometimes I'm at 200 FPS and everything works perfectly, then suddenly during the game my FPS instantly drop to 60/50, barely playable.
r_stats shows me that there is a bottleneck with my GPU for some reasons. (My PC configuration is beefy and I'm using the latest drivers + I've recently done a fresh install of Windows 10 (for 1809))
The game is also a fresh install and I'm not using any mod.

I don't have this problem when I use DirectX11 (I'm always at 200 FPS), so I wonder what is causing the issue with DirectX9.
Since I've switched to DX11 (but I don't know if it's related to DX11 or not) the game crash time to time (screen completely froze, I can't even see the task manager because the program remain in foreground even crashed, the music is still playing), these crashes happen generally after 1 or 2 games.
The game do not generate a crash log, since I have to kill the process.
The game log do not show anything peculiar, except multiple memory leaks.

If someone have any clues about these issues, that'd be nice !

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Hi Heagen. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please find and run "TechSupport.exe" in your "Natural Selection 2/x64" directory, and send us the .zip file it produces.
  • HeagenHeagen Join Date: 2011-08-29 Member: 119005Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    zip file sent to IronHorse on Discord.