Below Zero: Rocket Launch Bug need some help.

MeadesJeffMeadesJeff Canada Join Date: 2019-01-01 Member: 247730Members
I successfully launched my bio sample, and Jeffrey's PDA, but it appears the rockets have been duplicating over top of one another and I can no longer launch samples because I can't target the correct container. When I watch the cargo doors open, I count about 6 rockets, but I can only target 4 by looking at the rockets from all different angles. Does anyone know of any way to progress further? Can I trigger the events through the console? Or perhaps despawn the rockets? Thanks.

Comments

• lazycat38lazycat38 Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 249962Members
    It is a game bug that make me cannot progress the game further even though I succesfully launched the rocket and tried to continue with the storyline.
    What I did is fix the rocket from all angles until the terminal said ready to load the sample into cargo. Then depend on how many time u fixed the rocket, the cargo will spawn the same amount of cargo for you to load the sample in. Therefore, try one by one even though you move your mouse just a little bit until the terminal show yellow "Go" button then you can just launch it.
  • EvetsEvets Belgium Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 250002Members
    edited February 2019
    Same problem here, it seems there are three rockets for me, so impossible to send the sample.

Private video to show the problem : youtu.be/1Yy8SmG8DU4
  • zinzizinzi Glasgow Join Date: 2019-02-01 Member: 250072Members
    My rocket is not even visible so cannot progress story
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    zinzi wrote: »
    My rocket is not even visible so cannot progress story

The rocket's not where the signal says it is. Go exploring and you'll find it.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    MeadesJeff wrote: »
    I successfully launched my bio sample, and Jeffrey's PDA, but it appears the rockets have been duplicating over top of one another and I can no longer launch samples because I can't target the correct container. When I watch the cargo doors open, I count about 6 rockets, but I can only target 4 by looking at the rockets from all different angles. Does anyone know of any way to progress further? Can I trigger the events through the console? Or perhaps despawn the rockets? Thanks.

Are you playing in the Stable or Experimental version? What is the build#?
  • HenryIsPieHenryIsPie Join Date: 2019-02-02 Member: 250097Members
    I am not having trouble with launching the rocket, but I am having trouble locating the Alterra Precursor Notes. In the PDA it said something about locating the Omega base which is below 100 meters below the surface. My friend and I have been looking for this base for at least two hours. If anyone has coordinates or a relative location of the Omega base or the precursor notes please tell me. Thank you again.
    edited February 2019
    This post never happened. *whoosh*
    HenryIsPie wrote: »
    I am not having trouble with launching the rocket, but I am having trouble locating the Alterra Precursor Notes. In the PDA it said something about locating the Omega base which is below 100 meters below the surface. My friend and I have been looking for this base for at least two hours. If anyone has coordinates or a relative location of the Omega base or the precursor notes please tell me. Thank you again.

That's not a bug, which would require a separate post anyway. Try to keep comments on-topic. I know you can't post until you've made a comment, but... *gestures broadly at the forums* there are a lot of places to make an on-topic comment.
  • MeadesJeffMeadesJeff Canada Join Date: 2019-01-01 Member: 247730Members
    MeadesJeff wrote: »

Are you playing in the Stable or Experimental version? What is the build#?

This was in stable build, when it first released to pre-access. I've since switched to experimental. Somebody recommended trying the propulsion gun so I may try that.
  • MadWolfMadWolf Join Date: 2019-02-03 Member: 250275Members
    edited February 2019
    hi
    i have been getting this bug too i manage to get around this bug
    1. opened one of the rockets cargo container and put the the item i needed to send
    2. checked the launch terminal and if it was not the correct rocket
    3. find the item i needed to send and replace it withe a rand item then i repeated steps 1 to 3 until i found the correct rocket
  • HaberleaHaberlea Join Date: 2019-01-31 Member: 249856Members
    I had that issue. But i noticed i am able to open the container from both sides of the rocket, so as soon as it says that the rocket is empty even i filled it on right side, i am just moving the items on left and this time it accepts it.
  • CanouCanou Marseille, FRANCE Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250367Members
    Yeah to get around this bug you can also do this :
    1. Fill the storage of one the rockets. Check if it's the right one, if not, go to 2.
    2. Look right and left until you see an EMPTY storage, that's the right one.
  • 103dubled103dubled France Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224503Members
    Tried all ur tips and nothing . If the staff could enlighten us a little more
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    When you are facing the rocket from the Control Panel, fill the Left side with whatever stuff you have and then go to the Right side and put in the Bio-sample plus fill the rest of the spaces with stuff.
    That worked for me.
    You also have to make sure the both Rockets (I only had 2 on top of each other) are Repaired all the way around for a successful launch.
  • Seb_RomuSeb_Romu Kingston, Ontario, Canada Join Date: 2019-02-05 Member: 250427Members
    It seems that the entire platform is duplicated, as the controls sometimes ask for repair depending on the angle one is looking at them from.
  • kKeijikKeiji Join Date: 2019-02-05 Member: 250473Members
    Subnautica (pre- Below Zero) had a couple story reset commands. Have you tried poking around the console and seeing if there's a /story command that targets the rocket launch sequence specifically? When I have story-related glitches I can usually fix them by triggering a /story command. (Previous game, Aurora didn't explode for me, but there was a trigger command. Story progresses as normal afterwards.)
    kKeiji wrote: »
    Subnautica (pre- Below Zero) had a couple story reset commands. Have you tried poking around the console and seeing if there's a /story command that targets the rocket launch sequence specifically? When I have story-related glitches I can usually fix them by triggering a /story command. (Previous game, Aurora didn't explode for me, but there was a trigger command. Story progresses as normal afterwards.)

This won't work for the simple reason the game itself tells you, once you get the last voiced PDA entry, that the story is broken and unfinished from that point on.

I don't know why y'all keep reporting bugs having to do with the portion of the game actively being worked on, though. The devs are aware. You might as well be complaining that once you go past a certain depth in the Twisty Bridges the biome you enter has very little in it. Gee, you think?
  • webmasterblastwebmasterblast tbd Join Date: 2019-02-06 Member: 250497Members
    I was able to launch the pod (my problem was that the "Launch" button wasn't working) by walking up to it and pressing at the same time. (try different stationary distances from the console too)
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    "go to 2." So you're a fan of ballet? :D