PS4 - Save Glitch and Rendering Issues (Band-aid solutions)

Canadian_KeystoneCanadian_Keystone Canada Join Date: 2019-01-13 Member: 248645Members
edited January 2019 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
You should NOT have to do these things in a game, that's sold as completed and full price. But you've probably fallen in love with Subnautica, so here we are:

SAVING:
1. Save 3 times in a row.
2. Do it in base.
3. Make sure you sit still and do nothing for a solid three seconds before, and wait until the saving icon goes away COMPLETELY before moving a little bit and saving again. Also - face walls, not windows or anything moving.

^ I don't know if any of this matters. But I've managed to save successfully, every hour, on the hour, 20 times now. I have confirmed by closing the game and checking the data save files date and time on my system.

RENDERING:
(edit: Late game - only option seems to be to save and restart the game. I tried everything. Some stuff will NOT render.)
1. Go slow when you notice it. The rendering will take moment. Focus on collecting, or enjoying what has rendered.
2. When it's REALLY bad - come at it from a different angle. Might have to do with lighting or placement, but if I arc around most black squares that refuse to render - it'll appear.
3. You may have to save and close the game. Is this a buffering/memory issue? Don't know. You should probably leave the area and go back to base to save.

Personal note:
Never before have I encountered a game where I want to cheer and celebrate a developer for creating such a beautiful, fun, creative, unique game (you can tell a lot of effort and research went into it).... and simultaneously wanted to scream and shout at them for allowing such crippling game breaking bugs that almost destroy the experience. If the game was advertised as Early Access, I wouldn't be so frustrated (I also wouldn't have bought it). But it's marketed as a complete game. (So I did). I'm glad I did. But the errors, and fact I have to write this post is offensive.