Incorrect GPU utilization

LynxBioTeckLynxBioTeck Deutschland Join Date: 2016-06-29 Member: 219310Members Posts: 6 Fully active user
edited January 14 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Hi Together,
I have a problem with the GPU load and can play the game only limited. In processes the game has a load of 100%, while in the resource monitor only a fraction is used.
I hope you can help me.
In the attached I made sceenshots of the task manager.
Have a nice day
lynx

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members Posts: 568 Advanced user
    edited January 15
    Double-check the resource monitor, that was the CPU at the top. The resource monitor shows 100% usage on the GPU, consistent with the processes.

Have you tried different graphics settings? (Oddly, higher settings sometimes work better.) Also try updating drivers.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands. (Currently PC only, sorry)
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
  • LynxBioTeckLynxBioTeck Deutschland Join Date: 2016-06-29 Member: 219310Members Posts: 6 Fully active user
    The drivers are up-to-date and I have tried both high and low graphics. y8kddryg91sb.png
  • LynxBioTeckLynxBioTeck Deutschland Join Date: 2016-06-29 Member: 219310Members Posts: 6 Fully active user
    Anyone else have an idea?
  • AstralLumaAstralLuma United Kingdome Join Date: 2019-02-02 Member: 250102Members Posts: 2 Fully active user
    Bumping this; also having this issue, tried all graphics settings and have even custom set them to the lowest possible values; I've overclocked to try to improve performance but Below Zero literally DEVOURS GPU processing power. Is it because it's still early alpha stages and needs Optimization? or something else?

Many thanks in advance all <3
    baronvonsatan
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members Posts: 505 Advanced user
    Hi Together,
    I have a problem with the GPU load and can play the game only limited. In processes the game has a load of 100%, while in the resource monitor only a fraction is used.
    I hope you can help me.
    In the attached I made sceenshots of the task manager.
    Have a nice day
    lynx

Are you playing on the Stable or Experimental build? What is the build #?
    This is dumb, but a click a day helps me out a little.
    I play the stable version of Sep. 2018 61056
  • AstralLumaAstralLuma United Kingdome Join Date: 2019-02-02 Member: 250102Members Posts: 2 Fully active user
    Stable version here too; downloaded fresh off the Steam Store.
    baronvonsatan
  • JoeJazzJoeJazz Czech Republic Join Date: 2019-01-03 Member: 247921Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Yup - having the same problem - after about 30 minutes, the GPU gets over 81 degrees of celsium. Original Subnautica had the same problem until optimization.
  • iisskotiisskot Join Date: 2018-05-22 Member: 240863Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    For me the only graphical issues are stuttering in the twisty bridges biome; i get massive fps drops and an occasional 1-2 sec freeze there. Everywhere else runs relatively smooth frames.
    With me the problem occurs in the basic game