Cyclops Mooring Aided by Beacons

QuafferQuaffer Broadview Heights Ohio Join Date: 2018-12-24 Member: 246947Members
I've found that I can reliably moor my Cyclops near my base with the aid of two beacons. The beacon nearest the base is called Dock Marker. The beacon farther out is called Outer Marker. You of course may call them Mutt, and Jeff, Stan and Laurel, Batman and Robin, or whatever floats your boat. They are set at two different depths and the outer marker is four or five Cyclops lengths away from the dock marker.

When I want to moor my cyclops I just maneuver to line them up and pull past the outer marker and stop engines at the dock marker.

If upon the approach the dock marker is closer than the outer marker, I am approaching the base from the opposite side of my favored mooring location.

Remember you can always use the beacon manager to turn them off, if you find things too cluttered on your HUD.

Why do I bother? Well I've got a base where there is only one good place to drop my Prawn, and this makes it easy to find the sweet spot.

I hope someone finds this useful.

Comments

• MeadesJeffMeadesJeff Canada Join Date: 2019-01-01 Member: 247730Members
    That's a great idea, I might use this. My base is on the side of a cliff and I have the same troubles with my prawn.

Unrelated: Are you the same Quaffer from EdgeGamers?
  • QuafferQuaffer Broadview Heights Ohio Join Date: 2018-12-24 Member: 246947Members
    edited January 2019
    As in former Raider, former newletter editor, former signature of the week coordinator?

Formerly. I haven't been there in so long I've forgotten my password.

I'm also known over in World of Warships.