Perseverance.

RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
edited December 2018 in Subnautica on Consoles
Perseverance. That should be the title of this game. Really! Because you need tons of it to play Subnautica. Have a look at my other posts and you'll see how many bugs and flaws I have encountered. Now I'm in end game and something new came up. And it's no pleasant surprise. It started after entering the Containment building. The game just crashes every ten minutes. Crash to Xbox desktop. Every ten minutes or so. I careered on naturally, I've been hardened by all my hours in this game. Got the little critters hatched. Now it crashes every 5 minutes. This is just ridiculous. Subnautica is undeniably a great game, but come on. Given the performance of the game-programming wise- it should not get such high scores. Unknown worlds should feel responsible for all the aggro it thrusts onto gamers. If I purchase a real life item that has so many flaws, I always return it and ask my money back. Truly, UW, you should be unbelievably ashamed for releasing a game with sooooooooooooo many bugs and performance issues. On the other hand you also made a game that has very little competition. If it works, it really is a great game. But give me something because I bought a game that is not ready to be sold. By far.

So DLC is coming? I'll wait a few months thank you! And after the inevitable numerous patches and a big, big, price drop, I'll consider it.

Comments

• BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    Are you playing an old save file or something? I've managed to play and complete the game with little to no issues, and I've been here since day 1 on xbox.

My only other suggestion is maybe don't build or store too many things? I always keep my bases small and store important and rare items. Never had any serious issues, never crashed, never had trouble finding resources, frame rate was more or less stable, never fell through the floor, never got stuck anywhere, and only once did saving take about a minute.

Maybe I'm lucky, but aside from the resource glitch which was patched, my new save file was a great experience from start to finish.
  • maytrixmaytrix USA Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245483Members
    I think you are lucky if you've never gone through a floor. Many times when moving quickly across the map the landscape doesn't load and I could easily end up underneath it. I've learned to move slower and make sure things have loaded. Other then that though, I haven't found any significant issues.
  • RevricoRevrico United States Join Date: 2018-12-09 Member: 245393Members
    Are you playing an old save file or something? I've managed to play and complete the game with little to no issues, and I've been here since day 1 on xbox.

My only other suggestion is maybe don't build or store too many things? I always keep my bases small and store important and rare items. Never had any serious issues, never crashed, never had trouble finding resources, frame rate was more or less stable, never fell through the floor, never got stuck anywhere, and only once did saving take about a minute.

Maybe I'm lucky, but aside from the resource glitch which was patched, my new save file was a great experience from start to finish.

Pretty much the same. Aside from the locker room in the Aurora, since release I haven't found anywhere to fall through the map. After the first post launch patch, resources were almost too plentiful. During one bit of playing I had some massive slow down at the blood kelp/lost river meeting point, but that was only one day.

Honestly this has been a better experience than a lot of recent "AAA" games.
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    My only other suggestion is maybe don't build or store too many things? I always keep my bases small and store important and rare items.

So your suggestion is to not play the game to have fun, but to play it in a sparse way so the engine can keep up? Yeah, I'll keep my money then.
    Never had any serious issues, never crashed, never had trouble finding resources, frame rate was more or less stable, never fell through the floor, never got stuck anywhere, and only once did saving take about a minute.

Yes. Yes, you are VERY lucky. I've been playing since february 2018 and I've encountered many, many flaws. Falling through floors and bottoms. Having a wreck materialize around my Seamoth, locking me in. Game loading that takes 4 minutes etc..... Saving didn't give me hassles though (unless you take the spinning logo into account).
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    edited December 2018
    Oh, and to end the year on the same note as it has run: yet another new bug. I've finally completed the game (hooray) and now I cannot start a new game. I wanted a creative, which wouldn't start and I then tried the other options. None will start a new game. Perhaps a hard reset of the Xbox would help, but seriously I can't be bothered anymore......
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    Rbox wrote: »
    My only other suggestion is maybe don't build or store too many things? I always keep my bases small and store important and rare items.

So your suggestion is to not play the game to have fun, but to play it in a sparse way so the engine can keep up? Yeah, I'll keep my money then.
    Never had any serious issues, never crashed, never had trouble finding resources, frame rate was more or less stable, never fell through the floor, never got stuck anywhere, and only once did saving take about a minute.

Yes. Yes, you are VERY lucky. I've been playing since february 2018 and I've encountered many, many flaws. Falling through floors and bottoms. Having a wreck materialize around my Seamoth, locking me in. Game loading that takes 4 minutes etc..... Saving didn't give me hassles though (unless you take the spinning logo into account).

How many things to keep stored? How many bases do you have? How big are these? Are you in creative? It's not playing in a sparse way, there's absolutely no need to build everywhere and store tons and tons of resources. Even in hardcore mode, there's never a need to go overboard.

I remember in Xmen legends 2 on ps2, if your storage was full and you received quest items it would mess the game up because you had more than the game accepted and it slowly ruined your save file. I just took those principles and decided that the game has to remember and store every single thing you build or keep, so I just dismantled my base whenever I was going on a longer journey, and rebuilt it where needed.

Play the game however you want, but this is a suggestion on how to get it to play without any major issues. Worked for me.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Rbox, I'm sorry it has taken me a while to reply and I'm sorry the game kept undermining your enjoyment. This is not how the game should be, and we're looking at the crash logs and trying to address those as a top priority. If you'd like to work through the creating a new-game issue that you mentioned please let me know. Again, we're sorry the Xbox version isn't living up to game's potential but thank you for sharing your frustration/experience. We are going to continue working with Panic Button to fix these issues and make it a great experience.