[Bug] Game Randomly Freezing With Sound Loop [Version 10028]

SeanKHSeanKH Severn, MD Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223263Members
Subnautica Version - 10028 [Playing on Xbox One]

Description - Game randomly froze and could not recover, required me exiting to dash and manually quitting.

Reproduction steps - I'm not sure if this can be reproduced, but I'll continue to play and start new games to see if it continues to happen. Also one qualifier, I'm not sure if this is a Subnautica issue or Microsoft's console/hardware unable to properly run the game. I thought I'd log it just in case someone else runs into the same problem.

While swimming through the safe shallows, I noticed EXTREME lag, not the normal lag you may experience from time to time when surfacing for air, but extreme lag to the point where you cannot move or control your character. Once the lag hit, the sound continued to loop over and over again. At this point, the game was completely frozen and unresponsive. My only option was to go to the home screen/dash and manually quit the game.

I did notice that this happened earlier while playing, but I was able to actually recover that time. How I was able to recover is a mystery, I think I just got lucky. This second time it froze and would not recover. Again, this may or may not be a Subnautica issue, but a hardware/console resource issue. I've had other resource intense games lock up and freeze as well. Just reporting it in case anyone else happens to experience the same issue. Hope this helps. FYI, luv the game!

Pictures or Video - no video or pics