music stingers at the start of rounds

colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
these seem to have disappeared from the game completely. i really miss them, i particularly loved hearing the piano line from decay when a round would kick off. it would really get the round going with some atmosphere and majesty

was this a result of a game update, or just server-side mods?

Comments

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2018
    I do miss those as well, there's an abundance of music choices ranging from new to old that would work.

They were added on build 217 but at some point, possibly prior to release they must've been trimmed from the game.
  • ThesaltyseacaptainThesaltyseacaptain Canada Join Date: 2018-07-11 Member: 242113Members, NS2 Community Developer
    edited November 2018
    I do believe that a ns2+ setting turns this off as I do with ns2+ turned off hear a song at the start of eclipse. Albeit for not very long.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I do believe that a ns2+ setting turns this off as I do with ns2+ turned off hear a song at the start of eclipse. I'll be it for not very long.

I'm sorry, but... albeit*
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2018
    Frozen wrote: »

I'm sorry, but... albeit*

I fixed it... sorry, but I couldn't just stand idly by while that abomination existed. ;)

@colonoscopy_odyssey Make sure you have your music turned up in the sound settings. Also, make sure it's not disabled in ns2+ (I believe it's the "ambient sounds" option in ns2+).
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2018
    I did some checking and it seems like the last builds the round start music played on was around 275-276. 3 years ago.

• colonoscopy_odysseycolonoscopy_odyssey Melbourne Join Date: 2014-04-25 Member: 195607Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2018
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    @colonoscopy_odyssey Make sure you have your music turned up in the sound settings. Also, make sure it's not disabled in ns2+ (I believe it's the "ambient sounds" option in ns2+).

yeah music is turned up quite high, and ambient sounds are enabled in NS2+
    I did some checking and it seems like the last builds the round start music played on was around 275-276. 3 years ago.

so whose gorge tunnel do i have to hump to get this wonderful feature back into the game?