Handheld torpedo tube

awesomegamer9786awesomegamer9786 Join Date: 2018-07-25 Member: 242467Members Posts: 26 Advanced user
Maybe like an underwater rocket launcher? I was thinking it would fire one torpedo before reloading.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    A torzooka?

I approve of this idea!

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members Posts: 768 Advanced user
    I don't know. I know Torpedo's don't do much damage, but I would rather keep my Torpedo's attached to the sub than hold it on my shoulder like a rocket launcher.
    ================Anom================
    "Open windows, closing doors,
    God can't help us anymore!
    Souls forever, come and go,
    Burn all the bridges and fire in the hole!"
    baronvonsatan
  • awesomegamer9786awesomegamer9786 Join Date: 2018-07-25 Member: 242467Members Posts: 26 Advanced user
  • awesomegamer9786awesomegamer9786 Join Date: 2018-07-25 Member: 242467Members Posts: 26 Advanced user
    edited October 2018
    @AnomalyDetected I know the stasis rifle accomplishes the same thing as the vortex torpedo, so using the tube with vortex torpedoes with it would be pretty much useless except for range. But gas torpedoes are good for repelling things and sometimes you can’t get to your seamoth in time
    Maybe it could have a later game upgrade where it would fire multiple torpedoes in rapid succession?
    edited October 2018
    Or a clip to hold multiple torpedoes?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    This ain't a chat room, it's a forum. Edit your post dammit, why do I have to explain forum etiquette?

Don't make me fuel up the flamethrower tank buddy!

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

baronvonsatan
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members Posts: 768 Advanced user
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    This ain't a chat room, it's a forum. Edit your post dammit, why do I have to explain forum etiquette?

It's too late. Grab the fuel.
    @AnomalyDetected I know the stasis rifle accomplishes the same thing as the vortex torpedo, so using the tube with vortex torpedoes with it would be pretty much useless except for range. But gas torpedoes are good for repelling things and sometimes you can’t get to your seamoth in time

Yes, but then your just doing damage with those, which makes it a weapon, which is something that should not be in this game.
    baronvonsatan
    Kouji_San wrote: »

It's too late. Grab the fuel.

Fine, but I'll tell you right now... I'm not happy about this with the current fuel prices in the Netherlands!

edited November 2018
    @AnomalyDetected I mean yes you are technically doing damage, but it’s not really enough to be noticeable. Besides don’t you regenerate the health lost afterward anyway? It would also be good for hunting.
    @AnomalyDetected I mean yes you are technically doing damage, but it’s not really enough to be noticeable. Besides don’t you regenerate the health lost afterward anyway? It would also be good for hunting.

I'm talking about health done to bigger fish you're not suppose to kill.
  • GhostyBoi599GhostyBoi599 Ulaanbaatar Join Date: 2018-11-12 Member: 244676Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    That would be cool.
    One main debuff to having this is it has no purpose. You would only use this rarely as the Seamoth Torpedo Launcher would outmatch it by midgame.