Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond Posts: 452 vanilla

imageSubnautica: Below Zero Revealed - Subnautica

The temperature is dropping! Today we revealed Subnautica: Below Zero –  the next chapter in the Subnautica story. Check out the Below Zero concept site for concept art, released plans,...

Read the full story here

JustAHatjamintheinfinite_1AnomalyDetected0x6A7232JackeRezcaSortStrangerAxelGlazebaronvonsatanVectorMaster22ChenTheGuyMazzyTheFujiroseTenebrousNovaBruuz

Comments

• CousinFruitCupzCousinFruitCupz USA Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229736Members Posts: 12 Fully active user
    Yay! Thank you guys so much!
  • CousinFruitCupzCousinFruitCupz USA Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229736Members Posts: 12 Fully active user
    I hope this will also be on Xbox for testing too.
  • Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members Posts: 106 Advanced user
    We will be reborn in the cold womb of the ocean.
    SonicCornettoTenebrousNova
  • Q_bertQ_bert inactivelavart Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240607Members Posts: 138 Advanced user
    Well, I suppose I’ll be leaving the forums until it gets dropped to avoid spoilers, see you all then!
    Don’t steal my plants.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,734 Advanced user
    Q_bert wrote: »
    Well, I suppose I’ll be leaving the forums until it gets dropped to avoid spoilers, see you all then!

BAAAAAAAAI

It's gonna get cold up in here from the looks of it though!

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

Existence Unknown

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

• buzzibuzzi Italia Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235499Members Posts: 10 Fully active user
    and for the ps4 version?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members Posts: 708 Advanced user
    buzzi wrote: »
    and for the ps4 version?

Probably not the main concern right now.
    ================Anomaly================
    "Life is a game,
    which the universe plays with itself."

Well said, Jochi Khasar. Well said.
  • Xenodrone98Xenodrone98 U.S Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221726Members Posts: 43 Advanced user
  • LuxIsBoredLuxIsBored United States Join Date: 2018-08-30 Member: 243138Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Any word going to be said about the possible co-op version? It was said that it was a possibility after the main game was finished.
    petteyg359Gourmet_GuybaronvonsatanTenebrousNova
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,734 Advanced user
    LuxIsBored wrote: »
    It was said that it was a possibility after the main game was finished.

Who said that? WHO THE F SAID THAT!?

Existence Unknown

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members Posts: 708 Advanced user
    Any word going to be said about the possible co-op version? It was said that it was a possibility after the main game was finished.

Literally nobody has said that. The exact oposite has been said so far. If you want co-op, wait for Subnautica Nitrox to release.
    "Life is a game,
    which the universe plays with itself."

Well said, Jochi Khasar. Well said.
    baronvonsatan
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members Posts: 1,171 Advanced user
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Literally nobody has said that. The exact oposite has been said so far. If you want co-op, wait for Subnautica Nitrox to release.

To be fair to Lux, people have theorized for over a year now that if co-op were to ever be a thing, it would be after v1.0.

Now the truthfulness of those theories are nearly void, but it was still a warranted question to ask.
    I've been skulking around here for almost four years.

Yet I still have no idea what's going on.
    Skope wrote: »

To be fair to Lux, people have theorized for over a year now that if co-op were to ever be a thing, it would be after v1.0.

Now the truthfulness of those theories are nearly void, but it was still a warranted question to ask.

But what about all the Cuddlefish that will die whenever anyone asks this question?

Existence Unknown

baronvonsatan
  • petteyg359petteyg359 Join Date: 2012-09-08 Member: 158595Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Posts: 6 Fully active user
    edited August 31
    <insert-all-variants-of-Fry-take-my-money-memes>
  • AU_sans358AU_sans358 Join Date: 2018-08-30 Member: 243121Members Posts: 6 Fully active user
    ok i am so excited i wonder if it will be free during early early access
  • AU_sans358AU_sans358 Join Date: 2018-08-30 Member: 243121Members Posts: 6 Fully active user
    ok i am so excited i wonder if it will be free during early early access
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members Posts: 306 Advanced user
    hey you know what i'm going to do a YouTube video on this it looks great and if the developers are reading this i just want to say this game and the original subnautica is the best open ended survival game i have ever seen so keep up the good work i love this game and can't wait for below zero
  • MikeMcCannonMikeMcCannon Join Date: 2018-08-31 Member: 243165Members Posts: 2 Fully active user
    edited August 31
    Awesome news!!!
    Is there any chance, that some of the new stuff will be implemented in the original game? For example things like the glass ceiling?
  • Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members Posts: 106 Advanced user
    Is Simon coming back to make the music for the new game? Or is someone else doing it? I wonder if the music will change somewhat, you know ever since he got fired and all.
    RalijBlueBottleChenTheGuy
  • qlp122qlp122 Join Date: 2018-08-31 Member: 243181Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    THE HYPE IS ON!!!!!!
    BlueBottle
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members Posts: 306 Advanced user
    edited August 31
    eLIR18 wrote: »
    Why is it called Below Zero and not SubZero or something like that? Since this is SUBnautica, Subzero would be a better name.

I agree. To my ear 'SubZero' sounds a much better fit to the series. Not a big thing I guess. But just did a scan of the Interweb and couldn't see any other game using this title. (*lightbulb*... thinks now of cybersquatting)
    ChenTheGuy
  • Garcia16Garcia16 Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240275Members Posts: 16 Advanced user
    Console...release...
    Rezca
  • westbobwestbob Join Date: 2018-08-31 Member: 243192Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    so it's a totally separate game?
    BlueBottle wrote: »
    Why is it called Below Zero and not SubZero or something like that? Since this is SUBnautica, Subzero would be a better name.

I agree. To my ear 'SubZero' sounds a much better fit to the series. Not a big thing I guess. But just did a scan of the Interweb and couldn't see any other game using this title. (*lightbulb*... thinks now of cybersquatting)

Something about a blue ninja

Existence Unknown

baronvonsatan
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members Posts: 1,171 Advanced user
    BlueBottle wrote: »

Something about a blue ninja

Isn't that the one with the demon named after a bug? And the one guy who screams really loud every time he hits anything?
    I've been skulking around here for almost four years.

Yet I still have no idea what's going on.
    edited September 1
    "Blue ninja" ?

I thought you meant this guy:

pf1424nb1td7.png

[BlueBottle's hoversled careens off-topic slams into an iceberg and explodes in flames]
  • SortStrangerSortStranger Join Date: 2018-07-23 Member: 242421Members Posts: 13 Fully active user
    The real question is when are the devs gonna jump on the battle Royale band wagon
  • SortStrangerSortStranger Join Date: 2018-07-23 Member: 242421Members Posts: 13 Fully active user