Xbox one controller not working with steam home streaming

mostlyhumanmostlyhuman United States Join Date: 2018-08-15 Member: 242866Members
I am using a mini windows PC in another room as a client to stream games off my main PC using steam home streaming and my Xbox one controller will not work with Subnautica, but it does work with other games.

Comments

• LeeTwentyThreeLeeTwentyThree Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236321Members
    I am using a mini windows PC in another room as a client to stream games off my main PC using steam home streaming and my Xbox one controller will not work with Subnautica, but it does work with other games.

I'm not sure if Subnautica is compatible with other controllers. Many popular games are, but Subnautica isn't. If you really want to play it with that controller, get Subnautica on Xbox.
  • mostlyhumanmostlyhuman United States Join Date: 2018-08-15 Member: 242866Members
    edited August 2018
    Thank you for your comment, LeeTwentyThree, are you an employee of Unknown Worlds? I was confused by your comment because you first said you were not sure if its compatible with the other controllers but in the next sentence you said it isnt compatible. So, I am assuming you are not an employee and not actually sure, but I just wanted to clarify before I give up on solving my issue.
  • XjphXjph Canada Join Date: 2018-08-20 Member: 242950Members
    In-Home Streaming can be a bit finicky with controllers at times and may sometimes route controller handling through Steam's own control mapping manager instead of just passing it natively. Since Subnautica does support xbox controllers natively make sure all options for Steam to reconfigure controllers are disabled on all PCs involved (uncheck "xbox configuration support" under setting, controllers, general controller settings.)
  • mostlyhumanmostlyhuman United States Join Date: 2018-08-15 Member: 242866Members
    edited August 2018
    Thank you Xjph, i had tried that but unfortunately it didnt work. I only have one other game that also doesnt work and it too is made with Unity, so i am wondering if there is an issue there. The other game Kingdom:New Lands used to work over streaming with this controller but that was like 6 months ago or so but now it definitely doesnt work along with Subnautica.