Will Subnautica support PSVR? - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageWill Subnautica support PSVR? - Subnautica

Subnautica is coming to PlayStation 4, woot! Will it support PS4 Virtual Reality (VR)? This is a tricky question. The short answer is: Probably not. The long answer is: We...

Read the full story here

Comments

• themeraldcatthemeraldcat Canada Join Date: 2018-07-12 Member: 242127Members
    VR would be terrifying and absolutely amazing.
  • FirePhoenixFirePhoenix Russia Join Date: 2018-07-12 Member: 242126Members
    Vr support will make sales. All who wanted to, went to the PC, psvr very affordable system, all waited for ps4 for the sake of the time.

Resident evil 7 - vr support
    Skyrim - vr support
    Subnautica - not? Loooooooool
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited July 2018
    Let's take a wider view of the facts. Proper vr support would make sales. Faulty vr support would create backlash. The Subnautica PC vr community currently seem to be experiencing troubles, which indicates a bleak future for psvr.

Skyrim has lower system requirements, and is made by a major game company; Subnautica has high system requirements and a very small team. (I don't know about RE7's system requirements, but it is also made by a major company.)
  • JooBaggerJooBagger Join Date: 2018-07-22 Member: 242399Members
    First off let me say what an amazing game. With that being said please for the love of god please fix the controller interaction, not being able to use panels or select options is really annoying. The worst part is when you go to turn on the cyclops engines or enter a door code, I have to get up walk across the room and smash my face into the wall just to be able to select anything. Please fix or get tracked controller support to work. Love this game but it totally kills immersion!
  • moogle_kupomoogle_kupo Join Date: 2018-07-30 Member: 242556Members
    I'll keep my expectations in check and the hope alive that ill get the opportunity to experience this amazing world in PSVR. Thanks for working so hard to bring it to the ps4!
  • Anunaki35Anunaki35 United States Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219437Members
    kinda messed up that ya'll are gonna bring it out on PS4 and you still haven't even finished it on the Xbox One :/
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Anunaki35 wrote: »
    kinda messed up that ya'll are gonna bring it out on PS4 and you still haven't even finished it on the Xbox One :/

You... do realize they're fixing it right now, right?

Panic Button is working both on the PS4 Port and the XboxOne edition, and all optimizations, bug fixes, and everything else will be shared between them.

Both consoles are basically the same, the only differences being ownership and UI. It's like porting the Xbox edition over, which is why I believe the fixes for XboxOne will be coming out when the PS4 Edition launches with the fixes.

Just give it time, man.