Radio silence

SouthernGorillaSouthernGorilla United States Join Date: 2017-07-26 Member: 232057Members
My wife and I have both hit a spot in our respective games where we aren't getting new signals to explore new areas. We've been playing long enough to know where to go and what to do. But we like following the story... occasionally. Neither of us have found the usual PDA downloads with locations for the late-game POIs. We're assuming something has changed with the latest release but we don't know what we're missing or if we're just overlooking something.

Comments

• JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members
    when you get to the point where you don't get anymore radio messages, just go deeper to the lost river and continue the story
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    The clues come from the alien computers.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    If you lack lifepod signals, there may be some tools you haven't built yet. Also, make sure to explore anywhere the messages have taken you, like the Aurora or the area the Sunbeam event points to. Also explore wrecks near these lifepods, as they may contain scannable wreckage to learn more tools.

There were some changes to signals in late 2017, so the guiding is less direct on late game.

Make sure to re-read lifepod radio messages and the logs you get from the sites. For example, lifepod 19 gives a general direction where the rendezvous point is. At this rendezvous point, you will find a log that gives a signal to a lower point in the Ocean, 250m if I remember correctly. This leads to another signal or two, but after that you just get general hints.