Reaper Leviathan phobia

LOLeq21LOLeq21 Kelp forest, 97m deep Join Date: 2018-06-02 Member: 241086Members
So, I am playing Subnautica since January now. I haven't finished the game yet but I have a phobia.
I am terrified of Reaper Leviathans.
I just cannot get close to Aurora, since I am terribly scared.
I've even turned on the "invisible" cheat, but the phobia is still there, even tough I clearly know I can't get hurt.
Any suggestions?
Are there any anti-Reaper-Leviathan-phobia pills?

Comments

• FlametuskFlametusk Sparse Reef Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235582Members
    Well, one thing you can do is the following: Invisible, make a stasis rifle, set damage to 0, stasis a reaper, set damage to 10000, hit reaper with knife or propulsion cannon or repulsion cannon or anything damaging, and then no more Reapers. Just remember to turn the damage back down to normal, which is 1. That's basically how I dealt with my fear of Ghost Leviathans.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Reapers just want a hug! They don't know their own strength, though, so sometimes they hurt people without meaning to.

Seriously, though, I know that Reaper off the bow of the Aurora is scary, but if you stick to the surface near the hull, it won't go anywhere near you. You can do everything you'll need to do without going into the places where there are many Reapers (Dunes, Mountains, stern and starboard sides of the Aurora).
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    I don't think killing things is the solution.

Lower the volume a little, to lessen the impact of it's roar. Get a Seamoth or a PRAWN and go visit one of them (the one near the Aurora aft is a nice pick). When they charge just move sideways. Look at it. Let it grab your vehicle and chew on it.
    Leave the vehicle, stasis it, repair and repeat. After a few minutes you'll be much less scared of them.

Also try building a base near a Reaper.

It's not the consequences of meeting one that scares you, just the anticipation of it. Hearing one roaring out of the blue still spooks me, but I don't let it get in my way.
  • JustAHatJustAHat Join Date: 2018-04-25 Member: 240316Members
    LOLeq21 wrote: »
    So, I am playing Subnautica since January now. I haven't finished the game yet but I have a phobia.
    I've even turned on the "invisible" cheat, but the phobia is still there, even tough I clearly know I can't get hurt.
    Any suggestions?

just take this path uucxundpvys1.png
  • LOLeq21LOLeq21 Kelp forest, 97m deep Join Date: 2018-06-02 Member: 241086Members
    Thanks so much guys. I will definitely try all of your suggestions. Cheers!
  • BikecicleBikecicle US Join Date: 2016-01-29 Member: 212312Members
    Also, if you're anything like me it's a lot better if you know exactly where it is. Try putting sonar on your seamoth if you haven't already. It's less scary when reapers are little red wireframes in the distance :)
  • Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members
    Reaper Leviathans are the deadliest things in the game. It’s a natural reaction to put it and yourself as far away from each other as possible. Honestly this is one of the good phobias and not being scared of say flowers.
  • PokémonFanPokémonFan USA,North Carolina Join Date: 2018-07-16 Member: 242249Members
    Any suggestions?
    Are there any anti-Reaper-eviathan-phobia pills?

.Don't worry your not alone (points towards slef)
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    JustAHat wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

That never has a reaper? That explains why I could never find the reaper that was supposedly in front of the aurora... i've always taken that path.

The way I got used to them is to just spend time near them. Way back when it involved an invincible cyclops, but now just go invisible, find one and just follow it around for awhile. Eventually the fear wears off and you get used to their screams.
  • Hunter387Hunter387 Join Date: 2018-07-01 Member: 241853Members
    One time I had a very successful mission to the Aurora so I was on my way back with my seamoth terrified for my life but only 500m from my base so I’m almost there and bam big old tenticle shoots out of the water cause naturally I’m up above the water scared to look down. I don’t k is if it was a reaper or a reefback cause I never looked back but dam did it scare the crap out f me
  • PocketNerdPocketNerd Dragon Falls Join Date: 2018-07-24 Member: 242442Members
    Thanks so much guys. I will definitely try all of your suggestions. Cheers!

I'd be interested to hear what, if anything, worked for you.

Here's another suggestion: Do you have a friend you can game with? (Although "game with" in this case may mean "sit next to me and watch me play.") Having a buddy around makes anything less scary.
  • MochaLemur86201MochaLemur86201 Join Date: 2018-10-11 Member: 244070Members
    Reaper suck. Just run and hide. Hope for the best. See if you can find my time capsule. Find me on xbox, MochaLemur86201
  • AnnefillaAnnefilla Join Date: 2018-10-11 Member: 244072Members
    When I play, I do it without sound! The reaper scear me to mutch.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2018
    Isn't a phobia irrational? Nothing irrational about fearing the reaper, right... :tongue:
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Ralij wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

That never has a reaper? That explains why I could never find the reaper that was supposedly in front of the aurora... i've always taken that path.

The way I got used to them is to just spend time near them. Way back when it involved an invincible cyclops, but now just go invisible, find one and just follow it around for awhile. Eventually the fear wears off and you get used to their screams.

Sidenote, there was a reaper on the side of the Aurora that would terrorize anyone nearby. It would also commonly wander into the waters of the Aurora Interior. this reaper was moved further north to make it easier to get to the Aurora, which is why you can no longer find it.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Any suggestions?

Sidenote, there was a reaper on the side of the Aurora that would terrorize anyone nearby. It would also commonly wander into the waters of the Aurora Interior. this reaper was moved further north to make it easier to get to the Aurora, which is why you can no longer find it.

Back than there used to be some large pieces of the Aurora lying around, right? There was one reaper on the way to lifepod 4. It was my first contact, terrifying. Don't know why it was removed, that was a great introduction.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »
    Any suggestions?

Back than there used to be some large pieces of the Aurora lying around, right? There was one reaper on the way to lifepod 4. It was my first contact, terrifying. Don't know why it was removed, that was a great introduction.

Yea, I miss that debris field. Either way, I believe they removed it to allow new players to get there easier.
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members
    The reaper leviathan destroyed my seamoth 3 times and now i dont go to the aurora with my seamoth instead a heated blade and a propulsion canon 2g6lsgv8nlsk.jpg
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members
  • DepthCharge111DepthCharge111 U.S.A. Join Date: 2018-10-21 Member: 244266Members
    Lost 5 sea moths a cyclops and 2 prawn suits to a reaper quit the game for a whole WEEK, then sought out a stasis rifle and heated blade to finish what he started...
  • SonicCornettoSonicCornetto Join Date: 2018-10-21 Member: 244254Members
    I hate Reaper Leviathans. Even though they are the smallest aggressive leviathan, there are more of them on the map than any other leviathan and even though they are not as big as the sea dragon and ghost leviathan, it’s the fact that they can grab you is what scares me the most.
    My first encounter with a reaper leviathan was at the back of the Aurora and I was scanning Cyclops fragments, then out of nowhere one of them charged at me. Luckily it cried out so then I was able to see it and get out of the way.
    So now whenever I hear the crie of any leviathan that would attack me, I turn in the opposite direction and quietly say nope, nope, nope, nope.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »

They can roam a bit and the starting lifepod was sometimes in range. In one of my earlier games I think a reaper grabbed my lifepod with me inside.

Unexpectedly rapidly gaining depth in the nice, safe starter lifepod is not an ideal introduction to the game.
  • Noah1955Noah1955 Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219780Members
    edited November 2018
    Well if you really want to avoid reaper leviathans, you can always use the flight glitch, beacon + propulsion cannon = superman
    drive ON the aurora (make sure its a light landing if you let yourself land might as well lose yer legs THEN get eaten) then slip off into the water and quickly enter it. NOT from the front or else you'll be a pile of silky bones