Two simple but very needed improvements:

tanelorntanelorn usa Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219433Members
1. Add a battery bank device for basebuilding that uses power cells to store power. This is very important for bases with limited power options, and makes solar powered bases more viable.
201501_SN_CyclopsReveal.00_00_27_53.Still0021-618x348.jpg

2. Add utility to the Cuddlefish. Currently it's really just something to look at a few times, and spend the rest of the game worrying if it is going to die or get lost.

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u6.jpg

The CF needs to:
  • Collect resources (and fish?) for you when you are out of your vehicle and your inventory space is less than 2/3 full. (This could work by showing the CF a resource from your inventory, then it goes looking for more. The animation would be similar to the feeding animation.)
  • Feed on local plants (I'm guessing it's a herbivore).
  • Capture and bring you an air bubble from the airbubble coral if nearby.
  • Warn you if predators are in the area.
The CF could actually be part of the story by slowing your disease progress. It could be an engineered organism for reducing the disease impact like the peeper and vents. Lots of missed opportunities with the CF...

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I mean the cutefish was originally going to be the crashfish but it looked too cute and became some bonus pet. Besides you dont really have to worry about it dying. It has 10,000 health, (Leviathans only have 5000) Since the cutefish was originally going to be in the cut special edition, it makes sense why it didnt do that much besides be some cute thing to tickle or high five with, but the other ideas to expand on the cutefish do seem nice.
  • Cire555Cire555 bend Join Date: 2018-01-02 Member: 234752Members
    I always thought it would be sweet if the cuddle fish was a genetically unstable precursor experiment and you could modify it with the transfuser into different forms but the transfuser was scrapped so it wouldn’t work in the present game