Who's Been Slipping Marines The Steroids?!

VashVash Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8333Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Youre making my short life so hard..</div> Just wondering, this has happened to me a lot, i HATE marines so i always play aliens, and im running up to this guy in the marine base, first rush of the game, no turrets or anything, and he fails to kill me with his first lmg clip. I get one bite in, and then he starts running backwards in circles. I dunno if he had energizers in his legs or something, cuz i could not catch up to him WALKING BACKWARD. He had time enough to reload his lmg and cap me with it.

So who slipped these marines the steroids? Im pretty sure a marine cant outrun an alien moving FORWARD, let alone backward. -_-

Comments

• Y3tiY3ti Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7853Members
  • GibbyGibby Join Date: 2002-04-26 Member: 518Members
    I believe there's a script that can somehow make going backwards as fast as going forwards. I've seen this a lot also. Base skulk speed is barely faster than base marine speed, it just seems so because you're closer to the ground and the textures move by faster. Base skulk speed needs an increase.
  • AcrobadAcrobad Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1779Members
  • FrahgFrahg Join Date: 2002-12-03 Member: 10432Members, Constellation
    "base skulk speed needs an increase"

here here.

And their attack needs to be stronger but take more of their energy. You cover all that ground and then it still takes two to three hits (and those are hard when you are right next to the guy and he's circle strafing you) to take him down.

--Frahg
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    If you're trying to cover the ground, you're not playing your Skulk properly. Ambush the enemy.

Bite does currently 75 damage, anything more would result in an instagib weapon, which is the last thing we want.

The script is obviously a cheat. V1.1 will remedy that.