Useful Subnautica mods on Nexus

ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
There have been some fine new mods released for Subnautica on the Nexus site. The first one I picked was a craftable base light switch - something I have been wanting and asking for since the base update was first released many moons ago. No more being forced to bash holes in my own base just to turn off the lights! This is awesome for those who like to build in places with outside light like the blood kelp, or lava zone - or simply like turning off the lights at night to see the glow of the kelp forest.

There is one that puts a console in regular moon pools that works just like the one inside the Cyclops for accessing storage and upgrades - something that has been desperately needed because neither is accessible when docking a prawn. I consider that mod an actual bug fix. It makes it much easier to access even when docking the seamoth.

Another is making plant pots that work underwater - and on the surface for outside air plants. Now one can make a trail of brain coral pots inside caves - or an outdoor garden that can use more then just the external grow bed.

There is a real map mod connected to the PDA, that includes places like the Lost River and lava zones. It keeps track of where you have been, for those (like me) who have no sense of direction, and even after multiple playthroughs still go in circles trying to find the wrecks.

There are quite a few others too, but these in my opinion are must-haves. I only wish there was a mod that would show the structure points remaining in a base when you are building things. It's really annoying that you only find out you need more support by building something that goes over the top - and then probably not having the lithium or titanium to add that support because you just used your titanium to build something! That would be another one that I would consider an actual bug fix for the UI.

Check them out. It makes me happy seeing that there are those out there already trying to improve the game. It seemed like it was worth posting this information here so that more people might find out about them.

Comments

• AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    I agree with your list!

I'm still hoping for a mod that randomises predator aggression (so sometimes they aren't aggressive) and/or makes reapers temporarily appear in other parts of the map so they still surprise me...

My other dream would be a mod for exporting and importing bases.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    There was a mod for creating ingots out of all metals - and decompressing them back into their components, for easy storage. I haven't tried that one, but it sounds very useful.

Base blueprints would be neat. I think it's probably too hard to do though in a mod. I'd love to see player made warpgates that could connect bases. And of course everyone wants a Cyclops dock! Those would all be things that would probably have to be DLC added though.

The cool thing is these are mods that actually exist now - and work! They make the game more fun too.