Aliens - 12th biomass & Marines Structure Final upgrades

skav2skav2 Join Date: 2007-05-28 Member: 61037Members, Reinforced - Gold
Hey guys,

In discord we have been talking about ways to make end game more final and some ideas were tossed around. Well here is one idea that I thought was pretty cool.

The aliens 12th biomass final upgrade:

Now some of the logistics are still up in the air but it would work like this:

When Aliens get 12 bio mass they can unlock the ability to use all the other upgrades.
OR
All the upgrades of One hive.

I dont want it to be so overpowered so that is why there is a second option here. Either method would work the same way when upgrading as an alien where you spend PRES on it. Though they may seem overpowered at first think about what happens if you were to die. If you die then you lose a lot more res than normal so you may not be able to go lifeforms again. The benefits make it less likely you can die but dying would be very bad so it balances out. This is especially the case for Onos and Fades.

I think the change could work with skulks but maybe add a cost to the skulk getting an upgrade past the first 3. Otherwise they may be way too strong. Just a thought.

For the most part this would be an alternative to contaminate. I and many like me dont really like contaminate and marines especially dont like it. This change would turn the end game from PvE & PvP to straight PvP. Once contaminate starts rolling out the marines turtle in base and focus on killed nodes and its kind of sucky.

Marine Structures:

For example once the marine team gets 3 comm chairs they have the ability to buy upgrades for their buildings. Such would be 50 TRES for half priced weapons on the armory. 100 tres is 75% off. Call it "production upgrade". Other upgrades could be lower costs on Proto, turrets etc. Its a simple idea.

Let me know what you guys think

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    skav2 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

In discord we have been talking about ways to make end game more final and some ideas were tossed around. Well here is one idea that I thought was pretty cool.

The aliens 12th biomass final upgrade:

Now some of the logistics are still up in the air but it would work like this:

When Aliens get 12 bio mass they can unlock the ability to use all the other upgrades.
    OR
    All the upgrades of One hive.

I dont want it to be so overpowered so that is why there is a second option here. Either method would work the same way when upgrading as an alien where you spend PRES on it. Though they may seem overpowered at first think about what happens if you were to die. If you die then you lose a lot more res than normal so you may not be able to go lifeforms again. The benefits make it less likely you can die but dying would be very bad so it balances out. This is especially the case for Onos and Fades.

I think the change could work with skulks but maybe add a cost to the skulk getting an upgrade past the first 3. Otherwise they may be way too strong. Just a thought.

For the most part this would be an alternative to contaminate. I and many like me dont really like contaminate and marines especially dont like it. This change would turn the end game from PvE & PvP to straight PvP. Once contaminate starts rolling out the marines turtle in base and focus on killed nodes and its kind of sucky.

Marine Structures:

For example once the marine team gets 3 comm chairs they have the ability to buy upgrades for their buildings. Such would be 50 TRES for half priced weapons on the armory. 100 tres is 75% off. Call it "production upgrade". Other upgrades could be lower costs on Proto, turrets etc. Its a simple idea.

Let me know what you guys think

problem with this though is its quite easy for marines to build 3 chairs earlier where as 3 hives is alot harder due to difference in res.
  • skav2skav2 Join Date: 2007-05-28 Member: 61037Members, Reinforced - Gold
    If we go by Tres aliens would spend 300 Tres to get to this upgrade. Say if the marine comm decided to go for the cheaper pres costs for weapons there ought to be something in place so that it is not easy to get unless you are stomping the team. My idea for this would be to only have this available after a3 w3 and all proto options are purchased. After that and 3 comm chairs the comm will be able to purchase the option. So this would bring the total invested res to a3 + w3 + JP + exos + shotty + AA + MG + Nades + Mines + 3 Chairs + Chair upgrades + Cost of upgrade "Lets instead make it 100 for 50% off" = ~470.

However if you assume that all the other upgrades will be purchased any way the real cost is 145 for Marines and 180 for aliens. Also to note that these upgrades will only work with all the previous requirements. This brings up the issue of getting that upgrade back. If either team loses a command station or hive it will be much more difficult for aliens to rebound. While marines could spend 15 res per chair vs the aliens hive +3 biomass = 145 tres. This could be solved by increasing chair cost and instead of making the final upgrade just 1 100 res purchase, it could be made available for 25 res however each chair must be upgraded. Say the Chair price is increased to 20 while each chair must be upgraded with a cost of 35 per chair. So if a chair is destroyed it will cost 55 res + time for marines to re-enable the final upgrade. It may not be as much res however marines typically dont float on too much resources due to medding and support even in a land slide case. This also gives aliens time before marines can buy cheaper weapons.

Numbers and timing will need to be adjusted but I really think it could work.

As for aliens, if it is way too much tres maybe 3rd biomass could be reduced in cost from 60 to 45. 60 is quite a lot either way.