Falling through terrain

Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
edited April 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Hey all,

I am sure I am not the only one having this issue, but I am here to report it regardless.

I am constantly having a problem with the PRAWN suit falling through the seabed floor. I've noticed this happens a lot during a "stutter" and falling fast. It seems like the game is losing track of where the PRAWN should be. The areas, at least so far, that I've noticed it a lot in is Grand Reef / Safe Shallows (near the end that meets with Grand Reef).

That's all I have for now.

Build: Current Stable Build

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I had this happen recently when I decided to fight the Reaper on the east side of Gun Island in my Prawn suit. After it picked me up and dropped me, I slid down the slope of the island right near the Mushroom Forest and right through the terrain. Good thing I'd saved my game!
  • ThorghanThorghan blah Join Date: 2018-04-28 Member: 240377Members
    This is the single most annoying bug in the game in my opinion... it has lost me hours of progress. the last 3 times it has happened to me I have been at the lava castle, and when you fall through the floor there you just get trapped. there is NOWHERE you can go. you legit have to start from your last save... or quit if you were playing hardcore... cause you will NEVER get out. This has happened to me outside of the lava base too but usually you can move back through the terrain and resume you're progress. I'm really hoping they make a fix for this. but i'd even settle for a way to "unstuck" your character. that would be more than acceptable in my eyes...
  • 32bitcal32bitcal Canada Join Date: 2018-03-31 Member: 239679Members
    This has been happening for years and still has not been solved.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    32bitcal wrote: »
    This has been happening for years and still has not been solved.

I've known it to happen from time to time, it just seems more excessive than I recall.