Powered Self-Supply O2 Air Packs & the P.E.D. Suit idea?

DreadgeNoughtDreadgeNought Join Date: 2018-03-02 Member: 238486Members
So here's an idea.... either the inclusion of a Personal Exosuit one can wear, and/or Powered O2 Supply Tanks.

So basically we have O2 tanks in the game we can have more than one of with us as backups, and Ultra-High Capacity tanks are amazing.... but still finite. We can make mini-bases if there are sources of power and run lines, but such can take a long time,
and while we can keep a vehicle with us at times it is with advantages to be 'on foot.'

For such times we seek to have no larger ''footprint'' while exploring for values of stealth around creatures or just for more use of our tools or just for the greater emersion one gets while in the world rather than in a ride for longer times to do tasks, it would just make so much sense to have some kind of Personal O2 Supply mechanism pack like an O2 Tank but powered.

Basically it'd only have maybe 20 or the base 30 seconds of air you get if any above the 45 your diving suit has by design,
but is also powered by either a Power Cell or by a Battery like other gear one can change and that charges from fins
(faster if nothing is held.)

This along with as an option to an UltraCap O2 Tank would give full freedom to hang out underwater minus needing to babysit a Seamoth when hang'n with the fish or mining a cave or just admiring the view..... wouldn't it?

As for the Personal Exosuit / Powered Exo. Dive Suit idea, the "PES"/"PEDS" (pez? lolz) would also be a fun idea for ''added armor'' with functions like a small Prawn Suit, such when using a vehicle it could self-compress w/o need for storage along that along with the above Battery-fed O2 Power-Pack,
the P.E.S. could be via a Power Cell a good reason to have more forward bases for those doing "Nomadic" playstyles.
(basically it would be worn as you would the Reinforced Dive Suit with variations on kinds, like faster swimming?)

Forgoing the P.E.D.S. for now, you at least can agree the Self Supply O2 Power Pack would be a great 'O2 Tank' type to have eh?
*(for a normal O2 tank + advanced wiring kit, a battery and some glass and a plasteel ingot or such)

Thoughts and Ideas?
Is a Powered/Personal Exo Dive & Operations Suit something you would like to see added, or are such P.E.D. Suits simply not something you'd want to sea welcomed in the game? How would you implement this sort of thing?

:)

Comments

• WittyfishWittyfish THE GREATEST FUCKING COUNTRY ON THE WHOLE GOD-DAMN EARTH! Join Date: 2018-04-20 Member: 240187Members
    Tiny little bubbles of light that swim in your vision. Everywhere you look more light and less "deepblue". bathophobia + thalassophobia, I'm mostly thalassophobic. I really love the game, but I can't get very far into it, a freakin planet swam by my feet an shit on that planet left, and then the planet left, and then there was just me alone in the blackness. with miles of nothing but death and inky darkness forever. So I saved and quit right there, DONE!
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Wittyfish wrote: »
    Tiny little bubbles of light that swim in your vision. Everywhere you look more light and less "deepblue". bathophobia + thalassophobia, I'm mostly thalassophobic. I really love the game, but I can't get very far into it, a freakin planet swam by my feet an shit on that planet left, and then the planet left, and then there was just me alone in the blackness. with miles of nothing but death and inky darkness forever. So I saved and quit right there, DONE!

I know what you mean. I'm fine, as long as I can just follow the bottom out from shallows to wherever. But going straight down activates the bits in my mind that scream at me about that being a terrible idea. Cyclops is a little better, since you have way more STUFF around you. And worst-case, you can run into the central room and shut the door for a while.

But swimming around in fins straight down? Noooope.

Any of the vehicles help, really. Infinite oxygen, and the Prawn moves along the bottom anyway. Whoever designed the lights on them wasn't thinking, though. Since when you get out, they STILL only have forward floods. When you get out of subs, they should light up. A LOT. So you can VERY easily track where they are and get back in.
  • DreadgeNoughtDreadgeNought Join Date: 2018-03-02 Member: 238486Members
    The option of "360 Floods" could be a thing.... ?

I have to agree though they NEED to add a Waypoints Feature to Beacons for Vehicles or such that we can have to 'on' that when a specific beacon is out of our field of view an arrow will show the most direct path to where it is to see on screen again. . . . . (god that gets annoying fml) Eh?
  • Sea_KermanSea_Kerman Munbase Alpha Join Date: 2017-12-13 Member: 234409Members
    I have to agree though they NEED to add a Waypoints Feature to Beacons for Vehicles or such that we can have to 'on' that when a specific beacon is out of our field of view an arrow will show the most direct path to where it is to see on screen again. . . . . (god that gets annoying fml) Eh?

Verily. See Space Engineers for how HUD waypoints should be done.