All the metal salvage in my world has despawned. Help please.

TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
Yesterday I had tons of metal salvage in my world which I got some of and today I get on to scan for more and I get one blip from the scanner. After I picked up that piece I could no longer scan for metal salvage meaning it has all dissappeared.

How do I fix this?

Comments

• MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Your scanner room does not scan the whole map.
    Try moving to a new area or building advanced scanner room minibases. Move to a new area. build one, farm, deconstruct it, repeat.

Also, some creatures move the salvage around.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    did you try unplugging and replugging the world?
  • BTown780BTown780 Canada Join Date: 2018-04-10 Member: 239944Members
    When you save and reload games (Between sessions), the world needs to.. reload? And this happens when you visit each area, outside a base. So when I load back in and need to scan for something, I leave the base, go out about 100m, and then basically do a large circle around the scanner room. Then head back and you should have way more results. Try that.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    BTown780 wrote: »
    When you save and reload games (Between sessions), the world needs to.. reload? And this happens when you visit each area, outside a base. So when I load back in and need to scan for something, I leave the base, go out about 100m, and then basically do a large circle around the scanner room. Then head back and you should have way more results. Try that.
    The Scanner Room drones are also effective in this matter.
  • TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
    edited April 2018
    I found out the scanner room took a very long time to find the resources and load them into the menu to scan for