an Idea for a future DLC

Cire555Cire555 bend Join Date: 2018-01-02 Member: 234752Members
I had an Idea for a possible future DLC I like to call “subnautica, dark water” about a life pod that lands in the dead zone and has its flotation device malfunction causing it to sink deep into the dead zone of the planet maybe even into a Mariana trench type area where another precursor facility is, and by sheer luck the life pod manages to make it through one of those anti water gates just before it gets crushed by the water pressure but everything, even the fabricator is destroyed. This facility turns out to be a huge Precursor devoted to the creation of new leviathans, a “leviathan manufacturing facility” as due to their failures at the arctic biome “leviathan restoration facility” (see my other post) and the Primary research facility, they resorted to trying to manufacture a new leviathan capable of producing compound 42. the base would be carved out of the many underground tunnels with areas containing artificial biomes and modified leviathans, possibly in near pitch darkness where light might attract them. Anyway with your fabricator destroyed you explore the facility trying to find another way to the surface, when you come upon the transfuser (re-skined to be a precursor artifact) and realize that you might have a somewhat desperate solution to your predicament, and that is that if you can get close to these modified leviathans you might be able to acquire the genes necessary to make it to the surface without drowning or being crushed to death even if that means you might have to throw away your humanity. It would be a darker take on subnautica and probably a bit more combat or stealth oriented, but I think it would be a good way to bring the transfuser back into the game.

Comments

• BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    edited April 2018
    I want to play that game!

aomtwaba4mgc.jpg

• ResilientPanda0ResilientPanda0 Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233359Members
    Cire555 wrote: »
    I had an Idea for a possible future DLC I like to call “subnautica, dark water” about a life pod that lands in the dead zone and has its flotation device malfunction causing it to sink deep into the dead zone of the planet maybe even into a Mariana trench type area where another precursor facility is, and by sheer luck the life pod manages to make it through one of those anti water gates just before it gets crushed by the water pressure but everything, even the fabricator is destroyed. This facility turns out to be a huge Precursor devoted to the creation of new leviathans, a “leviathan manufacturing facility” as due to their failures at the arctic biome “leviathan restoration facility” (see my other post) and the Primary research facility, they resorted to trying to manufacture a new leviathan capable of producing compound 42. the base would be carved out of the many underground tunnels with areas containing artificial biomes and modified leviathans, possibly in near pitch darkness where light might attract them. Anyway with your fabricator destroyed you explore the facility trying to find another way to the surface, when you come upon the transfuser (re-skined to be a precursor artifact) and realize that you might have a somewhat desperate solution to your predicament, and that is that if you can get close to these modified leviathans you might be able to acquire the genes necessary to make it to the surface without drowning or being crushed to death even if that means you might have to throw away your humanity. It would be a darker take on subnautica and probably a bit more combat or stealth oriented, but I think it would be a good way to bring the transfuser back into the game.

Incase you don't want to put those genes in you using the transfuser this could be a alternative. Instead you have to explore through the base and you find a teleporter in a certain room and the ion cubs are on the other side of the facility and you have to get through the genetically modified leviathans and past there cave crawler robots without dying and get back and power the facility in the control room since the facility has most likely ran out of power. So after powering the facility you can head back to the teleporter room and for the upcoming dlc for the arctic biome the teleporter takes you to a precursor base in that biome. What do you think about that idea Cire555?