Computer hard rebooting only with Subnautica

InvertedDestinyInvertedDestiny United States Join Date: 2018-04-02 Member: 239712Members
edited April 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Guys I'm at my wits end, I've tried all I could on the trouble shooting guide. Even gone through Steam forum page after forum page. But when I'm playing Subnautica, randomly between 2 minutes and 30 minutes, my entire computer shuts down only with Subnautica and reboots. Brand new built full tower, specs listed below. I've been waiting so long to play the full release and now I can't for some reason. All the drivers and everything is up to date, all cords plugged in and solid connections. I've even kept an eye on my system on a side monitor and nothing appears to be overheating either. Fans are all running properly. I desperately need help. Power supply is good as well. Also attached the Output_log as suggested. Could not find anything on my harddrive that said error.log though.

CPU: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-8700k CPU @ 3.70GHz
RAM: 16308 megabytes
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
GPU RAM: 8079 megabytes
Threads: 12 logical processors
Version: 59963
PSU: 650W

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    To get more information for the crash-solving peeps around here, could you perhaps post the crash logs here, they are located in

"..\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\"

They are the "date formatted" folders, here's an example from one of my crashdumps "..\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\2018-04-01_014620". Just zip/rar the latest folder and upload it here or google drive or something. You could also just post the content of the "output_log.txt" and "error.log" inside these folders.
  • aqtoniusaqtonius Join Date: 2019-08-26 Member: 254461Members
    I have very similar issue. Only Subnautica switch off my PC. I'm not able to replicate issue in any other game or stress test. How was the issue resolved for the user finally ?