Upcoming Earth Day Idea

ryansearcyakryansearcyak Alaska Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238451Members
Since Earth Day is this month, it would be cool to do something similar in Subnautica to help remove man-made objects to make the environment cleaner, with some obvious exceptions.

-1 Special tool potentially called the Recycling Tool, that would break down Cargo Crates, Databoxes, and Vac-Pacs (only if they are empty).
-2 Ability to use the Repair Tool to repair exposed wiring (can cause damage to the player) and chemical leaks (cords with black liquid squirting out).
-3 Ability to use the Scanner Tool to remove additional objects that can become blueprints upon scanning, (such as plant pots, trash cans, picture frames, etc).
-4 Ability to collect door pieces cut by the laser cutter as Metal Salvage.
Exceptions: only exceptions are things that are there for a specific aesthetic, such as Degasi bases, and some parts of the Aurora. More or less, this would work on things that can be affected by a Pro/Repulsion Cannon.

Comments

• Number35Number35 Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224491Members
    @ryansearcyak I would like to see sliding doors for bases. that would be cool. :)
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    1) If the final product is implemented, Cargo Crates may be deconstructable and scannable in the future, as you can unlock them and build them with a builder tool with console commands.

2) Nice immersive idea, but no real practical use. I would personally love it, but who knows with the devs.

3) I don't fully understand, but if your suggesting things being removed when scanned, I don't agree. Honestly, I think fragments and such should all stay, as them disappearing breaks some immersion.

4) I agree, but I also wish instead of cutting the door open in a circle, the entire door would fall off and be salvageable.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited April 2018
    You can't salvage the door. It's illegeal according to the PDA.
    "Salvage of intact portions of Alterra vessels is prohibited at legal, moral and technical levels, however scraps such as these may be reclaimed for their titanium" - metal salvage ency
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    You can't salvage the door. It's illegeal according to the PDA.
    "Salvage of intact portions of Alterra vessels is prohibited at legal, moral and technical levels, however scraps such as these may be reclaimed for their titanium" - metal salvage ency

But that also means that the Metal Salvage collecting is illegal.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited April 2018
    You just can't cut off a part of a wreck or the Aurora and use it for construction. Scraps of salvage are fine as long as you find them on the ground
    You just can't cut off a part of a wreck or the Aurora and use it for construction. Scraps of salvage are fine as long as you find them on the ground

But I found the Wrecks on the ground. =>

I'll just say you right, since i'm honestly probably wrong.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    really, never knew that about alterra ships. i figure that'd apply to important and sensitive data. but chunks of the hull that is clearly irreparable?
  • zontwitchzontwitch Canada Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238022Members
    I am celebrating Earth Day by building 10 or more bioreactors (because tonnes of excess energy is better) for my base and fueling them with fish caught directly from the ocean. If I run out of fish then I'll switch to cutting and and stealing any plant life to use as fuel.

Then since I'll have decimated the surrounding ocean life around my base I'll take my cyclops and travel to a neighbouring sea habitat full and life and proceed to stripping it bare until all of the lockers in my cyclops are full of fish, coral and plant life from that region and migrate that over to my area.

The Earth Day part comes into play because I will be repopulating ocean life around my base from other regions that I have stripped of life.
    well that's Altera
    you find a small thing of salvage on the ground, thats fine
    you cut off salvage from the ship or a wreck?
    sued