The Way To Kill Fades With Lmg

13»

Comments

• V_MANV_MAN V-MAN Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6217Members, Constellation
    I've pumped a whole clip from the lmg at point blank range into an fade with lvl3 regeneration and it didn't die.

btw this was on a clan practice, the fade was standing still because I wanted to see what it would take to drop a fade, which was about one and a half clips.
  • MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    (Fixing incorrect topic date due to server issue)
  • ArchzaiArchzai Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8007Members
    edited December 2002
    everyone complains how a "strafing" frade is hard to kill...

ny1 who plays CS like me... its damn easy.... compared to ak sniping a guy thats a friggin dot acoss a map.. or dodging bullets across the bridge in de_aztec... shooting a fade is simple ..

the annoying thing is killing them... it DOESNT take 50 shots .. i tried.. i got 50 shots point blank.. and not ONLY me.. but also some random teamate mustve landed a few shots (AT LEAST 25) before dying... i think the math is not right in this game... something is wrong... we both ran up close and got bitchslapped to death.. meaning.. pointblank.. quite hard to miss..
  • FlatlineUTDFlatlineUTD Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7695Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Archzai+Dec 17 2002, 11:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Archzai @ Dec 17 2002, 11:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->everyone complains how a "strafing" frade is hard to kill...

ny1 who plays CS like me... its damn easy.... compared to ak sniping a guy thats friggin a dot acoss a map.. or dodging bullets across the bridge in de_aztec... shooting a fade is simple ..

the annoying thing is killing them... it DOESNT take 50 shots .. i tried.. i got 50 shots point blank.. and not ONLY me.. but also some random teamate mustve landed a few shots (AT LEAST 25) before dying... i think the math is not right in this game... something is wrong... we both ran up close and got bitchslapped to death.. meaning.. pointblank.. quite hard to miss..<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's easy to hit them whether they're strafing or not - they're *big* targets. It just takes a *lot* to take one down. Even though it only takes 3 shotgun blasts to kill one, they can easily come up and slash you during that time.
  • dumbodumbo Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8373Members
    "But then your teammates lobbing acid rockets are hurting you as well as the marines are. The acid rocket's splash damage is always FF."

I think the acid rockets are like GL's... they can hurt the person who fired it, but not teammates, I could be wrong though.
  • FlatlineUTDFlatlineUTD Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7695Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--dumbo+Dec 18 2002, 01:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (dumbo @ Dec 18 2002, 01:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"But then your teammates lobbing acid rockets are hurting you as well as the marines are. The acid rocket's splash damage is always FF."

I think the acid rockets are like GL's... they can hurt the person who fired it, but not teammates, I could be wrong though.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I've gotten hurt by teammates acid rockets before, I'm pretty sure. Then again, we were in pretty close quarters, and given the *huge* splash radius, it might have been mine after all.